TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Uneven Rear Tyre Wear

Discussion in 'Model X' started by kiwibacoin, Jul 2, 2018.

1. kiwibacoin

kiwibacoin Member

Just hit 20000km on my 75d so 12000 miles 20" wheels.
    Inside of my tyre is down the wire while outside looks like new.

I have automatic lowering at high speed while height set to standard rest of time.
    What suspension height would be recommended for even tread wear.

Attached Files:

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Tesla has all new X’s set to LOW (always) and aligned that way ..I have been driving my car that way with no uneven wear ..they changed their setting to avoid the “shudder” issue on acceleration ...I would set to low (“always”) checked and get alignment

3. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

You have too much negative camber, so you would have to run it in high to compensate, but that's not going to be good for handling or the driveshafts. So I would speak to your SC about re-alignment at standard or low ride height as you prefer. As noted, Tesla are now shipping cars set to always low because of the driveshaft problems. Low is also good for handling if you don't need the extra ground clearance in your daily driving.

• Like x 1
  4. kiwibacoin

kiwibacoin Member

Service center blame my heavy foot. Doesnt seem right. Guess I'll goto tyre shop for alignment. Should be even but wear faster in my opinion if heavy foot.

5. NHK X

NHK X Laus Deo

Also drive on permanent low setting, have 22 inch Perelli Scorpions. No uneven wear after 23k miles. Do you have contis? Not scientific but seems like most posts of people with uneven wear down to wire seem to be those tires. And as mentioned above, getting re aligned at the low setting is a great idea. Never have had issues with spread bumps or curbs even at that setting.

• Like x 1
  6. kiwibacoin

kiwibacoin Member

20" Michellen

7. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I agree low is pretty good for most on-road driving and I rarely need to raise it. It's like a regular car ride height.