Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uneven Rear Tyre Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just hit 20000km on my 75d so 12000 miles 20" wheels.
Inside of my tyre is down the wire while outside looks like new.

I have automatic lowering at high speed while height set to standard rest of time.
What suspension height would be recommended for even tread wear.

Attachments

• 20180703_091548.jpg
    20180703_091548.jpg
    545.9 KB · Views: 137
Tesla has all new X’s set to LOW (always) and aligned that way ..I have been driving my car that way with no uneven wear ..they changed their setting to avoid the “shudder” issue on acceleration ...I would set to low (“always”) checked and get alignment

Just hit 20000km on my 75d so 12000 miles 20" wheels.
Inside of my tyre is down the wire while outside looks like new.

I have automatic lowering at high speed while height set to standard rest of time.
What suspension height would be recommended for even tread wear.

You have too much negative camber, so you would have to run it in high to compensate, but that's not going to be good for handling or the driveshafts. So I would speak to your SC about re-alignment at standard or low ride height as you prefer. As noted, Tesla are now shipping cars set to always low because of the driveshaft problems. Low is also good for handling if you don't need the extra ground clearance in your daily driving.

Reactions: P85_DA
Also drive on permanent low setting, have 22 inch Perelli Scorpions. No uneven wear after 23k miles. Do you have contis? Not scientific but seems like most posts of people with uneven wear down to wire seem to be those tires. And as mentioned above, getting re aligned at the low setting is a great idea. Never have had issues with spread bumps or curbs even at that setting.

Reactions: P85_DA
Also drive on permanent low setting, have 22 inch Perelli Scorpions. No uneven wear after 23k miles. Do you have contis? Not scientific but seems like most posts of people with uneven wear down to wire seem to be those tires. And as mentioned above, getting re aligned at the low setting is a great idea. Never have had issues with spread bumps or curbs even at that setting.

I agree low is pretty good for most on-road driving and I rarely need to raise it. It's like a regular car ride height.