Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpected Tesla Fans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I washed my Model X Sunday after getting it dirty for three weeks and noticed that someone keyed the back trunk sometime in the past few weeks. Did not get it caught on the tesla cam for some reason. Probably did not have the Sentry mode on. There is Tesla hate out there too.

Yes (and all the people going through rolling blackouts right now, and public power safety shutoffs last year, and going forward basically forever in many parts of CA) would disagree with the "we never have severe weather in CA" statement.

"How much" they help depends on what your electrical load is, and how many you buy. In CA, solar tends to proliferate where people have to run AC a lot (which really isnt huntington beach). Where I live, in Temecula CA, solar penetration is pretty heavy... like every third house heavy.

It was interesting seeing the post about how nice the weather is in southern cali so no use for a powerwall. I live in a brutal climate and you all lose power in southern cali far more than I do. Is it worth it for me? That's questionable. For you all in California? Yeah, I kind of think so :D

It was interesting seeing the post about how nice the weather is in southern cali so no use for a powerwall. I live in a brutal climate and you all lose power in southern cali far more than I do. Is it worth it for me? That's questionable. For you all in California? Yeah, I kind of think so :D
Depends where you live. In coastal Socal we have not had a power outage in several years, and that was local due to a car crash downing transmission wires. Hotter inland areas are hard hit right now due to 100º temperatures and California's insistence on requiring renewable generation and getting rid of fossil fuel generating plants before they had secured sufficient battery storage or other peak supplies for hot evenings. During wildfires in northern Cal some large swaths were without power, sometimes just when high winds in forest areas posed a risk of fire due to downed wires.