Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unicorn color combination 2016 S75 RWD for sale - $62k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gabeincal

Jul 5, 2016
SF Bay, CA
2016 June (post facelift) manufactured Titanium Metallic Model S 75 with the following major details for sale:

- ~23k miles, 2 annual service visits done, 2 more annual services available for free (part of a deal with Tesla)
- 19” Slipstream wheels
- Brand new drive unit and some other parts related to it
- Grey next-gen leather seats and interior
- Obeche wood matte décor
- Black alcantara headliner and dashboard liner
- All glass pano roof
- Obeche wood matte decor
- Free supercharing
- AP1 enabled and functioning
- Coil suspension
- Standard sound
- Premium package (incl. LED headlights, HEPA filter, etc) incl power liftgate
- Spectra Photosync tint installed all around including the windshield
- Blackvue DR-650GW front and rear dashcam installed
- Comes with cable and dongle to use TM-Spy on it to check battery balance, etc on your phone

I will throw in a Tesla HPWC with 24’ cable for free for the buyer with all its mounting hardware!

Since the weather is pretty gloomy, I don’t have brand new images of the car, but have tried to find as many as possible. Let me know if you would like to see a specific part of the car and I’ll snap some pictures.

Asking $62,000. Outstanding loan amount ($30k with Alliant) will be paid in February so buyer will have a clean title in hand.

Thanks

IMG_2089.jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 4.20.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 4.20.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 4.22.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 4.25.04 PM.png

How is metallic grey with grey leather a "unicorn color combination"?
first its not metallic grey (midnight silver metallic). this is titanium (more beige like). they discontinued that color after a run of few months. rare color. second, it is hard to find a facelift with the nextgen leather seats. and grey leather was also rare. and grey was rare with titanium. so all that rareness makes it a unicorn :)

How is metallic grey with grey leather a "unicorn color combination"?
first its not metallic grey (midnight silver metallic). this is titanium (more beige like). they discontinued that color after a run of few months. rare color. second, it is hard to find a facelift with the nextgen leather seats. and grey leather was also rare. and grey was rare with titanium. so all that rareness makes it a unicorn :)

THANK YOU........

• Funny
Reactions: elmos_world

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification. In the evening the colors on my screen get shifted (to not interfere with melatonin production and keep me awake longer than I want), which made the car seem grey. Oops. :)

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal

For Christmas, my daughter received a Unicorn, which just happens to be midnight silver metallic. Does that make it a Tesla? :)

For Christmas, my daughter received a Unicorn, which just happens to be midnight silver metallic. Does that make it a Tesla? :)
I wanted to make a joke about a unicorn with a facelift, but it looks like Honda makes a motorcycle in India called the unicorn, which was recently updated, so there weren't any pictures to link on the first page of Google images, which was the limit of the effort I was willing to put into the joke.

Thought you should know.

There are no unicorn Model S’, but there are lots of people looking to make an extra buck in creative ways. I remember waaaaay back in early 2017 when AP1 owners were stomping around because they missed out on AP2 and were sure resale values of their cars would tank. How times change.

There are no unicorn Model S’, but there are lots of people looking to make an extra buck in creative ways. I remember waaaaay back in early 2017 when AP1 owners were stomping around because they missed out on AP2 and were sure resale values of their cars would tank. How times change.

I did not think that by using a simple word to establish the rarity of this car would create such a problem for so many. Apologies..

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I was scanning through the for sale posts and what caught my eye was the unicorn reference. I saw the rare Titanium paint reference and read that you thought it was only available for a few months, it actually was offered from April 2015 through October 2016 with shipping continued into early 2017 with delayed deliveries. I looked at and almost bought a new 50 mile inventory 2016 Titanium S90D this past July 2017 but they were only offering $12k discount on it which I thought wasn’t enough compared to other Tesla discounts. A new one sitting that long might be considered a unicorn but then again almost everyone considers their Tesla a unicorn ;)

I was scanning through the for sale posts and what caught my eye was the unicorn reference. I saw the rare Titanium paint reference and that you thought it was only available for a few months, it actually was offered from April 2015 through October 2016. I did look at and almost bought a new 50 mile inventory 2016 Titanium S90D this past July 2017 but they were only offering $12k discount on it which I thought wasn’t enough compared to other Tesla discounts. A new one sitting that long might be considered a unicorn ;)

Ok.. Let me try to explain this for the last time.. It's not the exterior color that makes it unicorn, it's the fact that you cannot get a RWD, coil suspension, grey leather with obeche matte decor WITH the Titanium metallic together very easily.. Makes sense? All of these options were discontinued after my purchase and the grey leather next gens were only available for a couple months.

Reactions: elmos_world
Ok.. Let me try to explain this for the last time.. It's not the exterior color that makes it unicorn, it's the fact that you cannot get a RWD, coil suspension, grey leather with obeche matte decor WITH the Titanium metallic together very easily.. Makes sense? All of these options were discontinued after my purchase and the grey leather next gens were only available for a couple months.
You have to admit that is pushing the limits quite a bit when the lack of all wheel drive and air suspension in a specific color make it a Unicorn. I was just stating the obvious that there are loads of Unicorns out there if you want to look hard enough. It guess it would be even more rare if it didn’t have autopilot activated by the same logic.;)

You have to admit that is pushing the limits quite a bit when the lack of all wheel drive and air suspension in a specific color make it a Unicorn. I was just stating the obvious that there are loads of Unicorns out there if you want to look hard enough. It guess it would be even more rare if it didn’t have autopilot activated by the same logic.;)

You have good reasoning. I still think it's unique compared to a red or black car with black interior, air suspension and all wheel drive :) Maybe, somebody is out for something different ;)

You have good reasoning. I still think it's unique compared to a red or black car with black interior, air suspension and all wheel drive :) Maybe, somebody is out for something different ;)
I like your car and I was actually interested in it last year when you were talking about selling it. I like the Titanium color as it is doesn’t show dirt. I was just poking fun at the Unicorn reference as others have. Good luck with your sale, if it was on the east coast I’d be interested.

Reactions: gabeincal