TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Universal Studios Destination Charger

Discussion in 'Florida' started by MrRadic, Mar 11, 2016.

1. MrRadic

MrRadic New Member

I'm planning a day trip up to Universal Orlando from northern Miami this Sunday. Planning on making 1 super charger stop at the Fort Drum service plaza. Does anyone know if there are any destination chargers in the Universal Orlando parking lot? Would be nice to leave with a full charge and just top up at Fort Drum again on the way back. It would save me a ton of time there and back as I wouldn't need nearly as much of a charge.

2. bluefuego

bluefuego Member

Husband and I were just there at the beginning of March. We found no chargers in their parking garage. There does look to be destination charging at Citywalk (2 hpwc's) according to tesla's website. Not sure how to access it. Otherwise the Turkey Lake supercharger is just a few miles away.

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

#3 Larry Chanin, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Hi Radic,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, the Citywalk HPWCs are part of valet operations not far from the parking garage. There are fees involved. Something like $15 for 2 hours or $35 for all day.

Larry

4. MrRadic

MrRadic New Member

Thanks for the heads up! Not a deal breaker as I'll have more than enough range, but always nice to be fully charged when leaving.

5. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast