Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown Error BMS_a066

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was involved in a rear end collision (25-30mph collision from back, i was idle because the light just turned green) back in 10/15/2021. I just received my car from Diamond Hills Collision tesla certified body shop yesterday 12/22/2021. Everything was good until i drove the vehicle for about 100 miles after charging to 90% (AC, 7kW) and noticed an error message BMS_a066, Maximum battery charge level and range may be reduced. I called the body shop the next day and took it in for a scan but they said everything was fine. I have service center scheduled for 1/15/2022 which is couples weeks out and i can’t seem to find any M3 drivers having the same error code. Does anyone have or had this error code BMS_a066 before?
I’m lost because I’ve never gotten an error code before, only after I received the repaired vehicle yesterday.
I have a 2021 Model 3 SR+

Attachments

• A30185D5-AFD7-443A-9174-5AF2E4A12EEA.jpeg
    A30185D5-AFD7-443A-9174-5AF2E4A12EEA.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 1,972
I called tesla and they didnt know what it was so i just went to the nearest service center and thankfully they took it in. Within couple hours they called me saying that the car is trying to balance the battery and it should go away soon.
Ill follow up with an update next week and see if this goes away

FWIW- I had the same thing. Popped up after holiday update, scheduled service for Monday of this week and was told my new battery was arriving as I left with the loaner. I couldn't find any references to this error until this thread. I've got a 2018 Dual Motor 3.

I wanted to chime in with my experience. I got the warning on 1/12. It went away the next morning and then about 24h later it came back. It seems to only show up when the car has 50% or less battery and hasn’t been on the charger for a while. I made an appt with Tesla service (somehow got same day) they called me within a few hours of making the appt. They were able to diagnose the car remotely and ordered a new HV battery for the car. Estimated 3 weeks to get delivered. 2-3 days of work to replace the battery once it’s here. So far it’s been a very easy experience. I have a 2021 M3 SR+. It only has 12k miles on it.

Just got my car back from the SC for the HV battery replacement with warranty. I didn't have my car for almost a month so I'm glad I got a loaner early on. Wish they gave better estimates because it kept getting pushed week after week. Kind of got aggravating

Just had the error (bms_a066) pop up on Saturday, appointment scheduled for this week (although the fault disappeared on my way in to work this morning). Any info on what is actually wrong with the battery / management system? 2021 Model 3 Performance (4500 miles)

Just had the error (bms_a066) pop up on Saturday, appointment scheduled for this week (although the fault disappeared on my way in to work this morning). Any info on what is actually wrong with the battery / management system? 2021 Model 3 Performance (4500 miles)
Two new errors this morning bms_a064 & bms_a174 and the car failed to charge last night. Service Appointment is tomorrow, luckily I think I have enough charge to get me there.