Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Cable Socket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

So I took my car yesterday to replace my windshield and fix a bunch of other comments which were pending from the day of the delivery of my 2022 Tesla Model 3.

However, after I got my car back and drove away. I started to hear a new clicking noise coming from the front right side of the car. I immediately assumed it was something to do related to the windshield fitting or something but I can hear it only if the road is a bit bumpy. Today, it started to annoy me more since it only appeared after I got my car back from the service center. Then tonight I wanted to dig a bit deep, and opened the frunk and uncovered the top plastic compartment and found this cable dangling around, and I guess this is what causing the clicking noise! It's attached to the edge of the windshield but didn't find where it supposes to plug into and what the purpose of it. Everything in the car works fine. Any idea of what is this for and where it goes? Maybe it's for the heated part of the glass around the wiper?

Perhaps someone with a similar year model can check their car and let us know.

PXL_20221016_053210229.jpg

PXL_20221016_053218919.jpg

Also, I found a screw in my cup holder, they seem missed to put it back when they re-installed the rear mirror module.

PXL_20221015_163319612.jpg

PXL_20221015_163335731.jpg

I'm a bit concerned about Tesla service now.

I would contact service again and have them fix it. Or just show up at their door.

That plug could be for the wiper park heater. The windshield has lower heating elements on the new car.
Yeah, I have a mobile service coming tomorrow to look into all the issues. And yes, it seems for the wiper park heater, but I won't try to plug it. I will let them figure it out tomorrow.

Tbh, I had high expectations from Tesla Service.