Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After two weeks (easily 500+ miles) Im pretty sure springs are all settled now
Top picture is stock springs
Bottom Unplugged Moderate springs

88DA7B2A-D87A-4A98-A365-750C0D0679BC.jpeg

After two weeks (easily 500+ miles) Im pretty sure springs are all settled now
Top picture is stock springs
Bottom Unplugged Moderate springs

View attachment 613616
Y_Not, your car looks incredible! Stance is exactly how I would want to do my LR. Thanks for posting these pics after the springs settled. Are you getting any poke with your 20x10 30mm offset in the front or rear? I assume you are not using spacers. Can you post pics straight-on showing how flush the wheels are to the fender?

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
Y_Not, your car looks incredible! Stance is exactly how I would want to do my LR. Thanks for posting these pics after the springs settled. Are you getting any poke with your 20x10 30mm offset in the front or rear? I assume you are not using spacers. Can you post pics straight-on showing how flush the wheels are to the fender?

Thank you! No spacers! Hope this helps!
788A0D18-AE93-4F53-80B0-581483C12025.jpeg
9751E527-EE14-489D-9F0E-D46C036C1CC6.jpeg
DE930D9C-FD03-4839-9AF1-FAC29C58A7CA.jpeg
CA5968CE-8709-41DA-B732-9FD75069AE1D.jpeg

Looks sharp!

How do you like the ride so far after the settling stage?

I feel like the car is all over the place when I drive over a series of road imperfection. However I do love the looks of it after the drop.

To me it’s definitely an improvement over stock springs. Stock spring rates little too stiff to my liking. UPP springs feel they absorb road imperfections better IMO. I drove all over los angeles (horrible roads) and definitely felt better 100%

To me it’s definitely an improvement over stock springs. Stock spring rates little too stiff to my liking. UPP springs feel they absorb road imperfections better IMO. I drove all over los angeles (horrible roads) and definitely felt better 100%
I just got alignment done today and the improvement is noticeable.

Interested how a degree or two can be heavenly...

Ouch. On a 4400 lb vehicle, that'll chew up tires quick.

I ordered the MPP rear adjustable control arms since it was on sale. Should be arriving today. I'm waiting on the MPP adjustable coilovers too, might be awhile before I get them, though.

After installing the unplugged moderate lowering springs my camber in the rear went to -2.2. Going to get camber arms soon (unplugged or mountain pass).

Please forgive the ignorance here but I thought if one installed something like UP's springs (comfort or moderate) that is all you would need to do. Why are you guys talking about control arms, camber etc etc. :eek:

I was thinking of getting springs installed on my LR MY when it comes in, in a week or so but that was mainly to increase the ride comfort. Yeah if it drops it a little bit that will be nice too. But I'm mainly going for comfort. Am I going to need to get a bunch of other work done just to get the springs put in?:confused:

Again not very technical when it comes to the mechanics of cars etc. So please forgive me if this was a totally ignorant question lol.

@DoctorBenjamin - I personally installed the UPP moderate springs in my MYP in August of 2020. I’ll be getting an alignment next week - Mid December.

The only item I *might* need are new rear camber arms (adjustable) as the ride drop of 1” might have the rear tires tuck up and in - angled into the rear of the vehicle.

I’ll post #s when I know more.

9 times outta 10 you can have a 1” drop, then just get a regular alignment - and yer all good, but sometimes you need other parts.

Lowering springs typically change the ride height and suspension geometry. The Y already comes with -1.0 to -2.0 negative camber in the rear, lowering it will make it more negative. The rear control arms from the factory aren't adjustable, so if you get negative camber of -2.4 or anything beyond the factory spec, inner tread wear will be an issue, especially on a 4400 lb vehicle with a decent amount of torque.

@DoctorBenjamin - I personally installed the UPP moderate springs in my MYP in August of 2020. I’ll be getting an alignment next week - Mid December.

The only item I *might* need are new rear camber arms (adjustable) as the ride drop of 1” might have the rear tires tuck up and in - angled into the rear of the vehicle.

I’ll post #s when I know more.

9 times outta 10 you can have a 1” drop, then just get a regular alignment - and yer all good, but sometimes you need other parts.

Crap. Okay well there goes my plan to put springs in. :( I thought the shop installing the springs would take care of stuff. But like you said if one buys springs that would lower it by default, well then yeah you'll need more stuff. As much as I want to increase ride comfort, I also am a believer in 'The manufacturer knows what they're doing and the way they give it to you is probably the best overall configuration for a daily driver. So don't mess with things too much'. Of course that goes out the window if you want to take it to the track etc. I guess I'll have to drive it around for a few weeks after I get it and then decide if I want to smooth out the ride.

I am wondering though, how does UP install the whole coilover kits? Do those include the camber arms etc?