Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a MYP w the UPP moderate springs - just like yours.

I installed mine end of July early August, but only found the forums about a month ago.

Best shot during during install:
A46CEBAF-DD1B-4402-BEFB-B786B5D7A805.jpeg

As I suspected, the only adjustment they can make to the MY is the Toe. Camber and caster are not fully adjustable unless one purchases adjustable camber arms (like the MPP arms)

A7D772A5-1741-419A-B0AE-E84485BDC920.jpeg

This alignment was completed about 5 months after I installed the UPP moderate springs.

I do not know the specs on the car from the factory as it drove just fine, but then I installed the UPP moderate springs (Aug) and finally got around (Dec) to getting her alignment checked.

Specs going into the shop today were not terrible, however Eleanor drives soo much better now after a proper alignment.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread - I think everyone is in agreement that it looks great.

I'm looking for feedback if any of you got the adjustable camber arms and then realigned? It seems like even after alignment, you're not going to be in spec (you'll have excessive tire wear, and tire wear on these cars is already quite bad) unless you get the camber arms?

Also looking for comments on ride quality, but especially interested in comments on driving dynamics related to the car cornering flatter. Figure its potentially worth a shot of changing the suspension before I trade the car in on another model 3 (and take a bath on $)....

Bumping this thread - I think everyone is in agreement that it looks great.

I'm looking for feedback if any of you got the adjustable camber arms and then realigned? It seems like even after alignment, you're not going to be in spec (you'll have excessive tire wear, and tire wear on these cars is already quite bad) unless you get the camber arms?

Also looking for comments on ride quality, but especially interested in comments on driving dynamics related to the car cornering flatter. Figure its potentially worth a shot of changing the suspension before I trade the car in on another model 3 (and take a bath on $)....

I got the adjustable camber arms from unplugged about a month after I got the springs installed. They help tremendously in getting things back in alignment but also allows me to get the specs I want for my driving style.

My alignment specs with just the moderate springs were:
Front: Toe 0.0, Camber -1.4
Rear: Toe 0.0 Camber Left -2.0 Right -2.2

After getting the camber arms I set it to
Front: Toe 0.0, Camber -1.4
Rear: Toe 0.0 Camber -1.0

Car feels planted in corners. The dual linear spring rates in unplugged springs are great in making the ride soft and comfortable during daily driving but when I want to take those highway on/off ramps/interchanges at higher speeds, it stiffens up and handles the turns beautifully.

I've ordered UPP "Comfort" springs, supposed to lower only .5" I'm going for comfort, not lowering.

With only a 1/2" lowering, should I jump for the additional expense of installing rear adjustable camber arms?

Thank you guys for sharing all of this information. I originally wanted the luxury coilovers for my LR Y, but after reading this post, I feel like I would've just purchased them and set it at 0.5" drop and never touch it again. So I should just get the mild "comfort" springs and save the money, although it does drop 1" off a non performance.

I know you all have the moderate, but did anyone install the mild and have their experience with it? Do you feel the body roll reduction on cornering and ride comfort improvements?

Also noob question, are springs the same as shocks? I've always been confused about that.

Last edited: