Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update update 2022.44.25.1 still updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where does it show that? In the app, on the touchscreen, or both? As long as the touchscreen shows the correct information, you're good to go -- sometimes the app gets stuck. If it's just the app, try force quitting and logging out and back in.

If it's both the touchscreen and the app, can you post a picture of the touchscreen?

It's trying to upload in both the app and touchscreen.

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 74
Is your car no longer connecting to WiFi? It needs WiFi to complete the download.

There’s an option in Service Mode to reinstall the current firmware build (the one you already have). That might fix the update if it’s not a WiFi issue. To enter Service Mode, go to Controls > Software, press and hold the "Model 3" logo, and enter "SERVICE" when the dialog appears. I haven’t used Service Mode myself, but I’ve read about it elsewhere in the forum.

Is your car no longer connecting to WiFi? It needs WiFi to complete the download.

There’s an option in Service Mode to reinstall the current firmware build (the one you already have). That might fix the update if it’s not a WiFi issue. To enter Service Mode, go to Controls > Software, press and hold the "Model 3" logo, and enter "SERVICE" when the dialog appears. I haven’t used Service Mode myself, but I’ve read about it elsewhere in the forum.
Thanks! I'll give that a try and let you know.
For some reason I'm not getting notices when I get responses on this link. I'll check these settings.

That worked! Thank you so much. Now I have the current software installed.

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: EVRider-FL
I spent a couple of hours yesterday with Tesla service using the text on the app (ahhhrgghhh...). I complain about the method, not the service.

No updates since Dec. on The Good Ship Venus. However, comma, The Blue Bunny parks about 35 feet away on the next driveway. The BB gets updates no problem. Tesla service said my ATT network connection was unreliable, and that several attempts to download had failed (yup, I knew that), that I should move to a better signal location, even though my Wireless Access Point is full strength ( I have an outside antenna between the two cars). Hmmm...

So I swapped positions, and advised the service guy. He replied the AT&T signal was better, and pushed the last 2022 update. Like a chom it woiked! Then he pushed teh latest with all the bells and whistles. Like a chom it woiked!

/ENABLE SHERLOCK HOLMES MODE/

I downloaded the Android version of "LTE Discovery" and "Network Cell Info Lite" and compared signal strength at both locations. There is an ATT site with LTE service on Band 2 available. Blue Bunny spot - -108 dbm. GSV spot - -118 dbm. 35 cotton picking feet apart!

The 5G AT&T reads about -95 (lower end of Good) on alternate Thursdays when it feels like it. (5G is still in its infancy - Editor's comment).

Tesla guy agrees with me that with several failed downloads the system threw the "The Hell With It" flag and quit trying.

So if you can't get updates, put in a service request. They skedded me for a Mobile appointment, but texted me for more details on Tuesday. THe conversation snowballed from there.

Cellular booster ordered for Band 2. We'll see...

/DISABLE SHERLOCK HOLMES MODE/

If my programming syntax is wrong it is because I still use GWBasic, not this newfangled stuff...