Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Supercharger Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OH. CRAP. This exhausted me just READING about it. So I understand exactly what is happening with your driver's door: YOU walk away and what happens? It locks, the handle retracts but then comes back out and the car is unlocked? Please let me know exactly what you are experiencing. This is just about the worst thing in the WORLD IF it is locking and then UNLOCKING after you get 20 ft/yd away from the car. When it does not lock......does the handle present? So, it is effectively UNLOCKED the entire time you are "away" and when you get BACK to your car, what happens? The driver's door is already UNLOCKED and the handle is ALREADY presented?
OMG
I want to be sure I completely understand what you're saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBPfromTN
then you are confused. I have no issue with tesla. pdx3181 created the thread Just dropped off my month-old 100D for a surprisingly open-ended service appointment

asking me what his issue is won't get you any further than reading his thread. After seeing his post #58 in this thread and your reply at post #59 I just linked to his thread to save you time waiting for an answer.
I understand. I clicked "POST REPLY" to what pdx3181 posted but somehow it posted to you. My apologies. I hate computers sometimes :mad:

Last edited:
It's a long story . . .
OH. CRAP. This exhausted me just READING about it. So I understand exactly what is happening with your driver's door: YOU walk away and what happens? It locks, the handle retracts but then comes back out and the car is unlocked? Please let me know exactly what you are experiencing. This is just about the worst thing in the WORLD IF it is locking and then UNLOCKING after you get 20 ft/yd away from the car. When it does not lock......does the handle present? So, it is effectively UNLOCKED the entire time you are "away" and when you get BACK to your car, what happens? The driver's door is already UNLOCKED and the handle is ALREADY presented?
OMG
I want to be sure I completely understand what you're saying.