Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated to v12, 2024.14.6 with FSD and it's awesome!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very early this morning I got the notification that the update was available for my car. I took it for a little drive and love all the changes. Has anyone else gotten the update? I can't get the trunk to auto open when I'm behind it and I don't have the Summon option. 😢 I'm still playing with it though. I'd love to hear other's thoughts on the upgrades and changes!

Very early this morning I got the notification that the update was available for my car. I took it for a little drive and love all the changes. Has anyone else gotten the update? I can't get the trunk to auto open when I'm behind it and I don't have the Summon option. 😢 I'm still playing with it though. I'd love to hear other's thoughts on the upgrades and changes!
Auto trunk not available for old model 3. Summon not available for cars without parking sensors.

I also got 12.3.6 FSD free trail yesterday. I also got the other user interface enhancements. And as a nice bonus Apple Podcasts won't see to load anymore.

Anyway I tested FSD on some local roads and while it is pretty cool, it doesn't do a very good job driving the car. For whatever reason the car decided to slow down to around 31 mph in a 45 mph zone. It gave a whole new meaning to phantom breaking. I really did not expect that. It was at night, I'm not sure if that made the car go so slow but it was very unsafe, luckily no one was around me. I'll test it some more but I'm not really sure what I expect to get out of it. It doesn't drive better than manual driving, it. I'll test it some more. Later this month I'm taking a little road trip to college station, I think I'll try FSD to see how it works on a short trip. But my first impression is that it is not something I'll end up buying. I expect it will get better and be able to drive more confidently. But I'm just not sure how it benefits me to lease this thing for $99/month.

I did some more FSD driving today. Asked the car to drive me to Costco. I've been playing with settings to get it to drive more 'normal' instead of grandmotherly. It seemed even when I spin the right wheel to motivate it to go at least the speed limit it just doesn't want to go faster. On the way to Costco on a two lane road, it made a sharp lane change into the right lane. It was so abrupt it canceled out of FSD. I drove manually the rest of the way. There was no clue the car was going to make such an abrupt change. I see these FSD beta drivers like Whole Mars and my car is no where near as refined and confident. I think the level of refinements to make FSD a useful feature is a lot further away than just a few more releases.