Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’ve also just massively put their price up so I suspect a lot of people will be cancelling it.
Just looked at the revised pricing and … holy forking shirtballs. In fact double zoinks as the pricing is now per vehicle as well!!

(I upgraded to Tessie lifetime this time last year for just over £140 and that covers both our Model Y’s)

Went to look at the price now - must admit that I don’t understand this at all…

View attachment 1049244
I believe the way iOS works is they have to show old prices along with new as long as some are still signed up to that package but not 100%.

Easier to just look on their website. Guessing as it’s $12.99 a month the £12.99 is the right one. It’s also $499 for a lifetime subscription for a single car…

I’ll stick with Teslamate frankly.

They’ll have to put in place a finance plan soon with 9% APR 😉
I mean, I like Tessie, but it simply isn’t worth the current asking price. I don’t see how it can ever be worth the asking price for an individual “private” subscriber at those rates either, but other people’s value judgements will rightfully differ!

Reactions: ACarneiro
Each to their own on the topic, but many of the things they offer Tesla are now offering natively or easy to set up (like shortcuts), Apple Watch support rumoured to be on its way, data logging is the one area Tesla doesn’t really do but could wipe the floor with everyone if they did, and of course Teslamate is all but free

Each to their own on the topic, but many of the things they offer Tesla are now offering natively or easy to set up (like shortcuts), Apple Watch support rumoured to be on its way, data logging is the one area Tesla doesn’t really do but could wipe the floor with everyone if they did, and of course Teslamate is all but free
I’ve found Tessie indispensable for journey tracking mainly to do company mileage claims, and quite often the idle battery drain analysis (although I could do this with my Home Assistant integration I suppose).
However I’m still paying $4.99 less a lifetime 10% discount so it’s only £3.54 at current $/GBP rates - the payment went out today coincidentally. Not sure I’d pay more than that…

Reactions: Utumno and Andy B
I believe the way iOS works is they have to show old prices along with new as long as some are still signed up to that package but not 100%.

Easier to just look on their website. Guessing as it’s $12.99 a month the £12.99 is the right one. It’s also $499 for a lifetime subscription for a single car…

I’ll stick with Teslamate frankly.

Details over in the Tessie section of TMC

1000000726.png

So is it just me or has 2024.14 buggered up the indicators? Soft press now stays on when you don’t want it rather than the three indicators then off. And long press goes off when you don’t want it… I.e when entering a motorway and you’re crossing multiple lanes, you now have to re-press the indicator after each lane. Coupled with the dodgy navigation display, it makes for a less enjoyable journey than before.

So is it just me or has 2024.14 buggered up the indicators? Soft press now stays on when you don’t want it rather than the three indicators then off. And long press goes off when you don’t want it… I.e when entering a motorway and you’re crossing multiple lanes, you now have to re-press the indicator after each lane. Coupled with the dodgy navigation display, it makes for a less enjoyable journey than before.
It appears that Lights > Automatic Indicator Mode has been set to Auto Cancel for some people after the upgrade. Switch it back to Off if you don't like it.

I’ve found Tessie indispensable for journey tracking mainly to do company mileage claims, and quite often the idle battery drain analysis (although I could do this with my Home Assistant integration I suppose).
However I’m still paying $4.99 less a lifetime 10% discount so it’s only £3.54 at current $/GBP rates - the payment went out today coincidentally. Not sure I’d pay more than that…
Same for me. I use Teslamate(self hosted on a dedicated Pi) and recently started using Tessie. The data logging makes claiming business mileage expenses so much easier, as I can easily figure what drives in a particular time period where work trips and exactly how many miles to claim. I started using Tessie as Teslamate was going through some troubles with the original developer moving on and uncertainty about the new API.

Reactions: ajmorr.is
Same for me. I use Teslamate(self hosted on a dedicated Pi) and recently started using Tessie. The data logging makes claiming business mileage expenses so much easier, as I can easily figure what drives in a particular time period where work trips and exactly how many miles to claim. I started using Tessie as Teslamate was going through some troubles with the original developer moving on and uncertainty about the new API.
Look to teslalogger as that already supports the new API and was the basis of teslamate

Tessie certainly looks expensive for new subscribers. TeslaFi at US$50 per year per car now almost seems a good value. Teslamate has also been an excellent self-hosted option but I've found it quite fiddly and requires more management than my IT skills care to babysit. YMMV

If they introduce fee's will that also affect things like Octopus?

If there is a charge and Octopus don’t absorb it, then IO will likely only work with non Tesla vehicles and/or charge points that can be controlled.

Otherwise standard Go may become a cheaper alternative. Shame if that becomes the situation as 6hr vs 4hr made quite a difference on slow charging and timer/delay scheduling wash/dry on longer running Eco programmes.

Reactions: Carl Routledge
I seem to recall the likely charges were based on volume of calls on particular cars (might by particular accounts) so I read that as a couple of calls per day was cheap but polling the car every minute or so for streaming data would get expensive. Octopus might be ok or their costs very different to Tessie and the like

Found the link although it says the prices are £0

Teslamate is... free?