Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade 2016 Model S 70d to 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at a 2016 (facelift) 70D at a dealer and read about being able to upgrade it to 75D to get an extra 19 miles of range since the battery is the same. I was wondering if all 2016.5 models were capable of this upgrade and what to look for to make sure it is possible. Also, how can this be done and what does it cost? I appreciate you help. Thanks!

Do you have physical access to the car? If so, then you may want to start by looking at the label on the battery to get the specific part number for the pack. From there, you should be able to specifically confirm exactly what pack is in the car. That would be how I'd first approach it.

Here's an article on Teslarati that I was able to quick find that describes where to find the part number on the underside of the car behind the front wheel on the right hand/passenger side (in US).

Here's a post I found searching this forum that quotes the part number for the 75 pack as 1072923-00-A.

I'd say worrying about cost until you confirm it's actually a 75 pack in the car.

Upvote 0