Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

upgraded audio vs. premium audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. I've sampled Premium Audio, and own a SR+ with Upgraded Audio. The SR+ is merely adequate, but not spectacular. THe Premium Audio is fantastic, for a stock setup.
  2. If you can FIND a MidRange, that would be your best bet, as suggested above. Outside of that, if finances aren't a primary concern, get the LR over the SR+. (Finances ARE the primary concern for me, that is why I got a SR+, instead of the MR.)
  3. As far as an aftermarket solution... These linked above are functional, but lack the OEM integration, and elegance (due to lack of a better term), most of us interested in a (hypothetical) Premium Audio upgrade desire.

Had to buy the SR+ because the day I went to place my order for the MR the option disappeared from the website. Saved up for a couple of years to buy the model 3, was pretty surprised I couldn't just add a decent sound system option without paying an extra $7,000 (which is too pricey for me)! Love everything else about my car.

Been reading and writing posts on multiple forums for a few months now. My understanding (coming from a total car stereo newbie). There's 1 amp up front that powers 5 speakers up front (mini-subwoofers, midrange, tweeter) and 2 speakers in the back (mid range). There's 4 (maybe 5?) speakers up front that have plugs but not connected to an amp and not emitting sound. There are 2 speakers in the rear deck that also have plugs but are not connected to an amp and not emitting sound. The only stuff totally missing is the 1 amp and 1 subwoofer in the back.

Full disclosure I don't even know what a t-tap was until reading some of these really well written and amazing posts on doing this yourself. Unfortunately I have zero car stereo experience. I would love to take this into a shop but I'm really worried about the cost and if it's even something we should be doing, i.e. is it for sure okay to connect a subwoofer and the rear deck speakers to the rear door speakers?