Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded S60 to 75 battery any 0-60 time difference?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is putting new hardware and software in the new models. They have faster 0-60 times for all cars. The question is, are there going to be changes to our cars as it relates to inverter software? I drive an S60 and am very happy with it. After upgrading the battery to 75 I just don't understand why the 0-60 times would not be affected.

Tesla is putting new hardware and software in the new models. They have faster 0-60 times for all cars. The question is, are there going to be changes to our cars as it relates to inverter software? I drive an S60 and am very happy with it. After upgrading the battery to 75 I just don't understand why the 0-60 times would not be affected.

Because it is most likely limited by software, just like the battery capacity.

You technically had the performance of the 75 in the 60 and they didn't limit it. They could've to increase the value of the upgrade but chose not to. Now you unlocked the extra range but you already had the performance, so nothing more to unlock. I'm sure that there is some room for improvement in there, but ultimately, I'm sure it's not a full second or so. They probably are maneuvering a fine line between performance and long-term reliability of the pack.

Reactions: MP3Mike