Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gen one seats to gen 4
With transferring the seat motors cables , everything works, also de memory module, except the headrest which is adjusted electronically during installation and unfortunately the seat heating does not work. Does anyone know a work around?

to which cable should gen 4heating seats be connected to gen 1 , ore another cable?
The doc.
Do you have the name and contact details of the company that do the seat wiring upgrade please?

Hi
I'm looking into acquiring a set of the newer 4th gen seats to install in a 2013 P85. I couldn't imagine why these wouldn't work.... they have the same connectors as the Gen3 "Next Gen" seats. Already contacted Tesla and they have the jumper cables for the new seat wiring retrofit waiting for me to pick up. (Convert Gen1 to Next Gen connectors/ gen4)

I started a thread about the retrofit early but the seat I acquired was gen4 but a single white connector instead of the black and gray connectors found on the next gens. They apparently made two different models of the 4th gen seats and the one I bought cannot be converted... but the other should be fine.

I'll let you all know how I make out soon. It should just be a simple new part firmware deployment to read the new modules and then software will be reassessed and downloaded for what the vehicle needs.

Hi, you don't have a part number for the jumper cables that convert Gen1 to Next Gen connectors/ gen4 - by any chance do you?
I have bought next gen seats for my 2014 car, and the plugs are different. Presumably, these jumper cables convert the new seats to the old connectors? Any help would be much appreciated!
Kind regards,
Peter

Also, from what I know,
These are the 1st gen seats. Had them as a loaner and found them to be more comfortable, but definitely not as supportive as my seats.
tesla-model-s-p85-review-2014_56.jpg

These are the next gen seats which I have in my MS. I do not find them very comfortable and at the time that I bought them the 3rd gen (latest model, whatever you want to call them) were only available on the performance models.

s-l1600.jpg

Then there are the 3rd gen seats. Originally they had perforated seats, but now that is only available on the P100D. I sat in a Model X with these seats and found them to be so much more comfortable than most seats I have ever sat in. I also find perforated seats to feel softer and more comfortable, even though there is a lot of controversy towards them.

DAMmWZcUMAQlNl_.jpg
How did you Install it? Is everything works fine?

I have installed 2018 gen4 seats in my 2014 Model S. Everything works, including heating and movable headrests.
There's good info here

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_152616.jpg
    IMG_20210327_152616.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 185