Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Urban chargers - what's the point?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the silliness I get from Tesla owners. On one hand Tesla owners want to tell you how great it is owning an EV and how it's much better than an ICE. On the other hand when you point out the issues they dismiss them and offer silly advice.

I might just have to hire a limo as my model X is going into the service center AGAIN for some serious drive line issue, not to mention several lesser problems that need to be fixed. How much do you think a limo costs to drive 125 miles each way?

I just read that Consumer Reports rates Tesla the second worst auto maker in terms of reliability, just ahead of Lincoln... That says a LOT!
I almost never use v3 chargers.. surely there's some v2 chargers where you can park by the airport? Way better than waiting at all and often free with paid parking.. plus bonus you'll get up to 100% charge.. I never take my ice car to the airport or I'd miss out on the free gas

I almost never use v3 chargers.. surely there's some v2 chargers where you can park by the airport? Way better than waiting at all and often free with paid parking.. plus bonus you'll get up to 100% charge.. I never take my ice car to the airport or I'd miss out on the free gas

Oh, why didn't I think of using 150 kW chargers??? I must be the stupidest person alive.

Now, I'm more confused. Why would I use a 5 kW level 2 charger when I can use an Urban charger (if it's available).

When I fly, it's typically for a week. I don't know of any charging location that allows you to remain connected for a week. So, the charging has to be while I wait.
Many airports have free level 2 chargers or even a 120v outlets for people to use their own level 1 connector to plug in for days/weeks. Provided you’re paying the regular parking fee of course.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and gt2690b
Many airports have free level 2 chargers or even a 120v outlets for people to use their own level 1 connector to plug in for days/weeks. Provided you’re paying the regular parking fee of course.

There are four airports I can use, and none of them offer what you are describing. I tried contacting the airport I mostly used about this, specifically asking about level 1 chargers. The reply was about the level 2 and 3 chargers they have/are installing. When I tried to explain the difference, I never go a reply.

Airports have little incentive to install any EV charging, other than equipment the government will pay for, in one of their programs.

There are four airports I can use, and none of them offer what you are describing. I tried contacting the airport I mostly used about this, specifically asking about level 1 chargers. The reply was about the level 2 and 3 chargers they have/are installing. When I tried to explain the difference, I never go a reply.

Airports have little incentive to install any EV charging, other than equipment the government will pay for, in one of their programs.
Try off airport parking

Also try plugshare.com to find some

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H