Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US interior refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the model 3 with refreshes interior and think it’s great (so glad they got rid of the shiny door buttons as well). Any updates on when the Y is getting it in the US? I’m debating buying but would hold out because it really is noticeably nicer.

So, I test drove a 2021 MY 2 Saturdays ago at the Tesla “dealership” in Orlando. So the one I test drove already had the dual pane front windows (For better noise cancelling). It also had the heat pump. It also had the black trims instead of the original chrome.
It did NOT have the new center console. It did NOT have the new headlights.
From the little research that I did it is my understanding that the only model Ys that are getting the new center console are the ones in China. No timeline as to when they will be installed in America.
But I have a feeling that any MY ordered this month will come with the new headlights. I receive my MY RWD STD Range in a week or so. I will keep you posted.

• Informative
Reactions: spbond0079 and Sola
So, I test drove a 2021 MY 2 Saturdays ago at the Tesla “dealership” in Orlando. So the one I test drove already had the dual pane front windows (For better noise cancelling). It also had the heat pump. It also had the black trims instead of the original chrome.
It did NOT have the new center console. It did NOT have the new headlights.
From the little research that I did it is my understanding that the only model Ys that are getting the new center console are the ones in China. No timeline as to when they will be installed in America.
But I have a feeling that any MY ordered this month will come with the new headlights. I receive my MY RWD STD Range in a week or so. I will keep you posted.

Yes it would be nice to know when are those upgrades starting for the US models.