Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Use financial service models to estimate desired customer inverter drive programming parameters.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If a financial services professional(s) could be consulted on their practices in designed surveys so customers can self select themselves into different risk pools by their varying risk preferences and discount rates, the acceleration and deceleration times (or other subtle) features programmed into the inverter drive controlling their car can be modified to accommodate their financial preferences.

In effect, risk averse people (those less to make risky investments, have a lower marginal utility of income, and lower discount rates) would want longer acceleration and deceleration times (and a smoother ride) with longer battery life. Risk seeking individuals with high discount rates and risk seeking traits may want shorter deceleration times for a crisper driving experience. I do not know if this is legal or not (please let me know if it isn't, I have my doubts), but risk preference and discount rate parameters could be reliably estimated from the customer's financial information that had to be provided during the course of their purchase (if they financed their vehicle). Otherwise a survey could be filled out in a smartphone app and the information could be transmitted to the dealership for approval and upload/programming modification complementary at purchase, but for a fee anytime thereafter.

If it really picks up, the insurance firms could devise a scheme where high risk (inexperienced) drivers have long acceleration times and low decal times and receive a discount on their insurance. Such a regime could be imposed upon them by a judge if they have a penchant for speeding tickets that a limiter be "installed" by decreasing maximum frequency.

Is the accelerator pedal analog and the brake pedal digital? Or are they both analog?