Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2017 Tesla X only 13k mileage

Should I buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey. Teams.

I just found a 2017 used Tesla X on Tesla website. Everything looks great, no dent or any other damaged interior or exterior. Only thing I concern is the mileage only has 13000 miles. Should I buy it? I just worries about the battery. It looks average mileage per year is 10000, so 2017 car only has 13000 ? Not sure the previous owner take care the battery or no. Please advise. Thank you.

Hey. Teams.

I just found a 2017 used Tesla X on Tesla website. Everything looks great, no dent or any other damaged interior or exterior. Only thing I concern is the mileage only has 13000 miles. Should I buy it? I just worries about the battery. It looks average mileage per year is 10000, so 2017 car only has 13000 ? Not sure the previous owner take care the battery or no. Please advise. Thank you.
Not sure what your concern about the battery is in this scenario. The only way you'd know if the battery were "abused" would be to know whether or not the previous owner had done something like charged it to 100% and discharged it to 0% multiple times or charged strictly from Superchargers the entire life of the battery. But that's not always a good indicator, either. I've got 70,000 miles on my Model 3. Lots of "100% charges" and a quite a few times down to 1%. 8000 kWh of SC vs. 10000 kWh of home charging over the life of the car. My battery still charges to 301. I've got friends with Model 3s who have rarely charged to 100% and very few Supercharger visits and they only get 295 on a full charge. Take peace in the knowledge that these cars have an 8 year battery warranty.

Not sure what your concern about the battery is in this scenario. The only way you'd know if the battery were "abused" would be to know whether or not the previous owner had done something like charged it to 100% and discharged it to 0% multiple times or charged strictly from Superchargers the entire life of the battery. But that's not always a good indicator, either. I've got 70,000 miles on my Model 3. Lots of "100% charges" and a quite a few times down to 1%. 8000 kWh of SC vs. 10000 kWh of home charging over the life of the car. My battery still charges to 301. I've got friends with Model 3s who have rarely charged to 100% and very few Supercharger visits and they only get 295 on a full charge. Take peace in the knowledge that these cars have an 8 year battery warranty.
Thank you so much. But before I purchased the, how I know the battery abused or not.

Thank you so much. But before I purchased the, how I know the battery abused or not.
The only way to know is to, 1. Ask the previous owner (not likely Tesla will give you this info) to see what their driving habits were. 2. Connect an OBD2 reader to the port (not sure how this is done in an X; sorry) and use the Scan My Tesla app and look at the historical charge statistics (DC Charge vs AC Charge) for the car. And as I was explaining in my post above, I'm not sure how much you can depend on the results you see. As I said, my battery has suffered more of what most people would call "abuse" than my friends, but my battery seems to be in better health. There really is no definitive benchmark. Have faith in the warranty.

Hey. Teams.

what battery pack is that? I got one similar, it's 12000 miles 2017. it's on the way...

I’m in Texas, I paid 1k for shipping. I felt you can’t get these deal anywhere else with 4yrs/50k miles warranty plus these upgrades anymore . I wouldn’t worry about the battery esp for 75D, as long as you got clean history and the warranty.
I agree. Thank you man. I will pick it up on This Saturday. Did u already purchase the wall charger?

I agree. Thank you man. I will pick it up on This Saturday. Did u already purchase the wall charger?
My ETA is 24th, but it might be someday in this week. I have not. I am going to install nema 14-50 outlet for mobile connector myself. I have enough time get it charged over night, my daily drive around 40 miles only. I might look into wall charger later