Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used car warranty gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has me going in circles now. I'm going back and forth between service center and customer service. I just had service done to my vehicle in Jan 2021... all services were done under warranty with a verbal confirmation that I was under warranty until 2023. I now need my 12v replaced and service center is telling me i'm no longer under warranty.

Tesla has me going in circles now. I'm going back and forth between service center and customer service. I just had service done to my vehicle in Jan 2021... all services were done under warranty with a verbal confirmation that I was under warranty until 2023. I now need my 12v replaced and service center is telling me i'm no longer under warranty.
How are they explaining that the car is no longer under warranty ? What reasoning / shenanigans are they resorting to ?

This sounds like my story all over again...

How are they explaining that the car is no longer under warranty ? What reasoning / shenanigans are they resorting to ?

This sounds like my story all over again...
The 12v battery is considered maintenance/wear item, and only carries a one year warranty from date of installation. You are likely still under warranty, it is just the 12v that is outside of warranty. Hope this is helpful.

The 12v battery is considered maintenance/wear item, and only carries a one year warranty from date of installation. You are likely still under warranty, it is just the 12v that is outside of warranty. Hope this is helpful.