TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Used Center Console

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Subzero, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Subzero

Subzero New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a used P85D and would love the center console. Before I go and fork over another $2,000 after taxes to buy it and have it installed I thought I'd reach out to everyone and see if anyone had one used that they would like to sell or know of where to see about getting a used one?

Thanks!

2. snd92

snd92 Member

This one looks like OEM to me :)

3. glide

glide Member

Wow. That site looks shady. Any experience with them?

• Funny x 1
  4. madtorque

madtorque Member

I bought that console, looks like the factory one! No complaints...

5. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Looks shady. I've never heard of this site and the pictures and lack of overall information leads me to believe it's too good to be true. I'd spend $500-600 on the Evannex center console, which I have and am very happy with.

• Funny x 1
  6. snd92

snd92 Member

This is actually the official site were OVMS adapter (App+Over air communication) for my previous Roadster was bought.

Just go to the Roadster section on this forum and have a look.

7. glide

glide Member

Are they truly selling the Tesla console or is it sourced from the same suppliers used by Ali Express?

I’m guessing the latter based on the price.

8. madtorque

madtorque Member

It's not a Tesla console, you can tell because the stitching doesn't match 100%, but for the price it's perfect. Can post pictures of mine later if people are interested...

9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Post pics ...this looks to be like a good knockoff ..IMO evannexx console looks to bloated ..thus one however is the nicest looking non OEM I have seen

10. glide

glide Member

Ships from Hong Kong so I guess I answered my own question

11. glide

glide Member

Is the decor piano black or some type of wood variant. The photos on the site seem to show both.

12. jayfrost

jayfrost Member

Hi Subzero,

I am trading my 2013 P85 in and have a center console. Its in good shape (but not new). It is carbon fiber covered and fits perfectly in the totally flat center area. I can take some pics a little later today. If you would like it you can have it, just need to pay packaging and shipping.

Let me know if your interested. I think it paid like 300 or more for it 5 years ago.

Jason

13. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

While I prefer the look of the Tesla one, the triple price and more difficult installation definitely steered me towards Evannex. However, if they were the same price, and it's good quality and easy to install, I would go for this!

• Love x 1
  14. madtorque

madtorque Member

A bit dirty, but you get the idea...
    For the price, it's awesome. As you can see the stitching on the console doesn't match the Tesla stitchig on the floor piece, but I don't really mind it.

IMG_0384.jpg IMG_0385.jpg IMG_0386.jpg

• Love x 1
  15. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

#15 mbhforum, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    How do you install it? Is it plug and play like the Evannex one? Can you use the smartphone adapter like the factory ones use?

16. glide

glide Member

17. madtorque

madtorque Member

Yes, just pops in like the other consoles. Yes, you can use a smartphone adapter like the factory one. It has a place for the cable etc. exactly like the factory one.

18. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Thanks. I am tempted to buy it and sell my Evannex. I wish I had known about this one last year.....The stiching doesn't look great, but I think it's because we are all focusing on it. It's probably not as bad when you don't stare at it.

19. madtorque

madtorque Member

Yeah, I only mentioned it because it is the only thing that lets you know it's not an OEM console. I don't notice it anymore and nobody that has ridden in the car has ever noticed it.
    But if it really bothers you, the leather pieces are removable, so you could have it reupholstered very easily...

I like it, looks and functions like the oem console. I'm not a fan of the other consoles.

• Love x 1
  20. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

This doesn’t have the screw on bracket like the OEM than ?