Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my console from Fasttech. I am impressed with the quality and the stitching doesn't appear to be as rough as @madtorque's, but it's still not perfect. I still think it's shady they charged me over $100 for shipping and once I get the order # of @madtorque, I plan to dispute the charge.

To answer your question @P85_DA, this DOES NOT have screw on brackets like the OEM one, which is why I had some trouble installing it at first. It sits nicely, but isn't as secure as the OEM one would be.

I also installed the @skyline dock which works out nicely with the Apple Leather Case on my iPhone X. While I liked the position and angle of my iPhone on my ProClip, I hated how it covered some of the screen and bottom right area was very hard to press.
55554784688__74A168E9-67C4-4836-AF16-DC4006E35E49.JPG
55554785226__8F692E07-CA5B-443C-9AF7-DFCF49138450.JPG
55554786911__EBC1A1C3-597C-415C-89CB-BC6B15DA74AA.JPG

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
For those considering buying the gen 1 console from fasttech, one thing to keep in mind is I can’t seem to find a a storage shelf that works with it. I’ve spoken to many manufacturers(Evannex, RPMTesla and Topfit) and they all produce ones for the current console. I really wanted to get the Qi charging console self but certainly not worth spending over $1300 on the current Tesla OEM console. Apparently, there is not a big enough market for us gen 1 console owners. I wish someone with a gen 1 console and 3D printer can come up with a solution....

Attachments

• A0927462-14C9-47E7-BFD3-0016B1E7083C.jpeg
    A0927462-14C9-47E7-BFD3-0016B1E7083C.jpeg
    633 KB · Views: 69
Finally got my console from Fasttech. I am impressed with the quality and the stitching doesn't appear to be as rough as @madtorque's, but it's still not perfect. I still think it's shady they charged me over $100 for shipping and once I get the order # of @madtorque, I plan to dispute the charge.

To answer your question @P85_DA, this DOES NOT have screw on brackets like the OEM one, which is why I had some trouble installing it at first. It sits nicely, but isn't as secure as the OEM one would be.

I also installed the @skyline dock which works out nicely with the Apple Leather Case on my iPhone X. While I liked the position and angle of my iPhone on my ProClip, I hated how it covered some of the screen and bottom right area was very hard to press.View attachment 324533 View attachment 324534 View attachment 324535

Glad the dock worked out nicely for you! Keep us posted if you guys need anything else.

Hi Subzero,

I am trading my 2013 P85 in and have a center console. Its in good shape (but not new). It is carbon fiber covered and fits perfectly in the totally flat center area. I can take some pics a little later today. If you would like it you can have it, just need to pay packaging and shipping.

Let me know if your interested. I think it paid like 300 or more for it 5 years ago.

Jason
You still have it?

Just warning people about fasttech. My unit did have a scratch on it which I noticed and I just want a simple replacement and they don’t seem to be honoring their replacement policy on their site. They offered me a $4 store credit and then a $10 PayPal credit! I haven’t heard from them now in 2 days.

I am now disputing this with PayPal.

• Informative
Reactions: skyline and P85_DA
Is there a way to more securely mount a phone to the dock?

I'm not sure if the USB phone connector is designed to tolerate 1G of lateral acceleration.

Ideally it would be great to secure the phone from the sides with wireless charging. is there such an option out there?