Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used inventory on Tesla site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One point that seems to be overlooked is that IIRC used inventory purchases also waive the $1,200 destination & doc fee (plus associated taxes).

In reality it's more like saving close to ~$1,500 vs. a new car (also factoring in for sales tax on the difference vs. the new MSRP).

One point that seems to be overlooked is that IIRC used inventory purchases also waive the $1,200 destination & doc fee (plus associated taxes).

In reality it's more like saving close to ~$1,500 vs. a new car (also factoring in for sales tax on the difference vs. the new MSRP).

Yes and no. They waive the $1,200 delivery fee but unless you purchase a used Tesla from the location it’s currently at they charge you $2,000 to deliver it to you. There are approximately 100 used Tesla Model 3’s listed on the Tesla web site located throughout the United States. That’s an average of two per state. The chances of you finding the one you want within driving distance of your location seems pretty remote to me. If you get lucky you might end up getting the car from a local delivery center and not having to pay the $2,000 transportation fee. But the odds are against this working out based on how spread out the vehicles are at any given point in time.

So after talking to some folks at my local Tesla store I cancelled my used order and I'm sticking with the new order. They said no matter what the website says they are seeing 21 days from order to delivery on avg for Texas orders. They said the latest would be mid Nov which is fine with me.

I think you made the right decision. My only caution is don’t believe everything the Tesla reps tell you. They are almost always wrong. And if you ask the same question to five different reps you will get five different answers. They really have no inside information into Tesla’s production planning so they are at best just guessing.

You can be confident that your car will be delivered this quarter and you will be eligible for the remaining $1,750 Federal tax credit. Beyond that it’s anyone’s guess when US shipments will begin arriving. My guess is they will build them around mid to end of November and ship them about a week after that.

So... AWD, LR... more details @Cronn color, interior, FSD?

Either way, good luck - I'm sure you'll love it!

:)

AWDLR, Pearl White with black interior, AP no FSD. I went with aero wheels because I already have my eye on some aftermarket wheels from evwheels direct. I already have a basket full of stuff from Abstract Ocean ready to be shipped. I'm just waiting on getting closer to delivery of the car. Its pretty exciting.

I think you made the right decision. My only caution is don’t believe everything the Tesla reps tell you. They are almost always wrong. And if you ask the same question to five different reps you will get five different answers. They really have no inside information into Tesla’s production planning so they are at best just guessing.

You can be confident that your car will be delivered this quarter and you will be eligible for the remaining $1,750 Federal tax credit. Beyond that it’s anyone’s guess when US shipments will begin arriving. My guest guess is they will build them around mid to end of November and ship them about a week after that.

Yeah I'm ok if it comes in December. I'm not in a hurry I dont NEED a Tesla I just want one, first world problems.

I engaged a Tesla representative via the chat option regarding the used car inventory on the website. Rep advised me most of the cars with the low miles are ones that were returned under the Tesla 7 day, 1000 mile return policy. I asked how to tell where the car was psychically located, she said once I decided on a car to just reach out thru the chat option they could confirm the location.