TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Used Model S 75D...good deal?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Dipesh90, Jul 7, 2018.

?

Good deal?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No way

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Dipesh90

Dipesh90 Member

Hi all,

I’m a brand new member and I’m ready to pull the trigger on a facelift Model S. How does the price sound on this one?

2016 Model S 75D
    19k miles
    Enhances Autopilot
    Panoramic roof
    Alcantara headliner
    Asking price: $67.5k

Not sure if this includes the entire premium upgrades package or if those options were individually sold in late 2016 models.

Used 2016 Tesla Model S For Sale | Westmont IL

2. Krash

Krash Data Technician

#2 Krash, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    Sounds high. An easy way to do the math is reprice the car today and then see how much per mile they sre discounting. You'll have to know the answer to the premium upgrades question. Some things like alcantera, free mobile data and transferable free supercharging you can't get new any more.

Be sure to factor the $7500 tax credit if you are eligible.

3. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

Not really...

Tesla sold a similarly equipped vehicle (2017 model year) for $63K and another (2016) for $64K.

Tesla Inventory Search

4. technoz

technoz Member

I was at the Westmont service center last week when the owners of that MS said they traded it in for a new cayenne. I would ask the service center for history on it

5. Qbenjamin

Normally the SC won't provide that info, let alone a large majority of owners don't actually take the vehicle(s) in unless there is an issue.

6. Krash

Krash Data Technician

All the Tesla sold cars will be priced equally high. I assumed when the question was asked about a "good deal" it was relative to a private sale.

7. Qbenjamin

What I'm indicating by my response, is that the dealership is selling the vehicle for more than what Tesla would. The dealership and Tesla should be right in line with one another. Private party should be less than both.

8. SSedan

SSedan Member

Another consideration is the 75D got a lot faster about a year ago, ones delivered before that will be slower and it should reflect in price.
    The 75d of the last year has nearly the performance and range of a P85 and they standardized a lot of equipment that used to be extra.

9. SSedan

SSedan Member

Dealer should be less than Tesla due to no extended warranty.

10. Rahul

Rahul Member

I doubt this car has EAP. My 2016 S 75 VIN 150842 doesn’t and this car’s VIN is 146700.

11. Krash

Krash Data Technician

The original car mentioned likely has hardware for EAP if it is advertised with it. VIN assignment is made before production so not always indicicative of assembly line feature upgrades.

Also it won't have the new mystery drive unit upgrades, but it will be uncorked or uncorkable, i.e. be new performance eligible.

12. DanCar

DanCar Member

13. Dipesh90

Dipesh90 Member

Is there an easy way to see if this car is eligible for the performance upgrade or if it already has it?

14. Dipesh90

Dipesh90 Member

Brand new - priced with similar options is $92k. Even with the $7.5k tax credit, the difference is significant enough to look for a pre-owned post facelift model.

15. Dipesh90

Dipesh90 Member

What are the new mystery drive unit upgrades?

16. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Some, like retirees, get little benefit from the tax credit. It will be intetesting next year when that is less of an option.

17. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Nobody knows - a mystery. The DU00 and DU01 designation from mid June 2017 could be a redesign for cost savings, but it would be more interesting if it were some preplanned inverter uncorking 2 for the S and X that was preplanned to coincide with the Model 3 Performance release.

• Like x 1
  18. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

I got a new inventory model with practically no miles for 72k after accounting for the tax credit

19. Krash

Krash Data Technician

This. A good deal. There should be more inventory cars floating around now that Tesla is done sandbagging the federal tax credit.

20. DanCar

DanCar Member

I don't see that. Can you show us your math?
    With the new car you also get the upgraded MCU and autopilot 2.5