Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Model S Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2018 Tesla Model S from Owings Mills, MD. I bought it with premium upgrades and upgraded seats. It came with standard autopilot which is just autosteer. After looking the glove compartment, the original window sticker showed both enhanced autopilot and full self driving capability. Both of these features were already paid for by the previous owner. Can Tesla remove these upgrades if a new owner takes possession of a used car from Tesla? I've read stories that Tesla took away and gave back these upgrades from a owner who bought a Tesla from a third party seller and auction.

I'd say you bought what was on the car when you bought it. The sticker could have Free Unlimited Supercharger Use on it, but Tesla would remove that. If you verified it had those options when you bought it, or they are included in your purchase agreement, then there is a problem. You might get lucky if you ask about these items, but Tesla likely has no requirement to add them, IMHO.

Tesla has a reputation for shady sales/delivery. My P100D was purchased used (more than 100 miles) from their showroom as a 2016, yet when the car was delivered, sales stated that the Ludicrous option was standard on all P100D and it did not cost extra. Purchasing the used car for $150k, it was delivered directly to my house, with the monroney sticker in the front seat, listing all these options that I paid for (FSD, etc.), including Ludricrous for the P100D. However, the options on this sticker, line item by line item, did not match the monroney sticker, but the car had these functions so I didn't necessarily care. 2 months later, after a software update, a friend noticed that ludicrous was not there, and it was now called "Insane" or something else. Not being my top priority in life (work, family, etc.), over the next couple of years of warranty service, tires, etc., one service rep asked if I wanted to enable Ludicrous mode for $20k, meanwhile just about a month later, someone texted from Tesla trying to sell a Model 3 and offered $50k as a trade-in. Ha, the 1% loan wasn't even paid down below $50k yet! So, now, being quite annoyed, I started to research this for a few minutes, found threads where Tesla had removed features sold with original cars as ownership changed, etc. At the latest service appt, I asked if the rep could send me a their copy of the monroney, and sure enough it did not match what was delivered, NOR did it match the sales document. 3 documents, and none of them match each other after paying $150k. Do I have time to try to "enforce" law? No, but I do know that between sales/delivery, Tesla sure runs a shady operation, and instead of trying to profit as much as possible from early customers that were supporting their design and development, they should change their PR process and try to retain and even reward them, by providing proper customer service and vehicle support when a customer finds an issue.

Perhaps I am the only owner of the P100D without Ludicrous mode installed, which sales said was a $10k additional option to install back in '17-18 when I brought up the issue of the missing feature, and now they state it is $20k! They lost a customer however, oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    619.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 7ce30920-b0cc-4b64-8ad4-ef6e7329573c.jpg
    7ce30920-b0cc-4b64-8ad4-ef6e7329573c.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 47
Tesla has a reputation for shady sales/delivery. My P100D was purchased used (more than 100 miles) from their showroom as a 2016, yet when the car was delivered, sales stated that the Ludicrous option was standard on all P100D and it did not cost extra. Purchasing the used car for $150k, it was delivered directly to my house, with the monroney sticker in the front seat, listing all these options that I paid for (FSD, etc.), including Ludricrous for the P100D. However, the options on this sticker, line item by line item, did not match the monroney sticker, but the car had these functions so I didn't necessarily care. 2 months later, after a software update, a friend noticed that ludicrous was not there, and it was now called "Insane" or something else. Not being my top priority in life (work, family, etc.), over the next couple of years of warranty service, tires, etc., one service rep asked if I wanted to enable Ludicrous mode for $20k, meanwhile just about a month later, someone texted from Tesla trying to sell a Model 3 and offered $50k as a trade-in. Ha, the 1% loan wasn't even paid down below $50k yet! So, now, being quite annoyed, I started to research this for a few minutes, found threads where Tesla had removed features sold with original cars as ownership changed, etc. At the latest service appt, I asked if the rep could send me a their copy of the monroney, and sure enough it did not match what was delivered, NOR did it match the sales document. 3 documents, and none of them match each other after paying $150k. Do I have time to try to "enforce" law? No, but I do know that between sales/delivery, Tesla sure runs a shady operation, and instead of trying to profit as much as possible from early customers that were supporting their design and development, they should change their PR process and try to retain and even reward them, by providing proper customer service and vehicle support when a customer finds an issue.

Perhaps I am the only owner of the P100D without Ludicrous mode installed, which sales said was a $10k additional option to install back in '17-18 when I brought up the issue of the missing feature, and now they state it is $20k! They lost a customer however, oh well.
Now that some shady *sugar*! It would be understood that a P100 means performance which results with ludicrous. Sorry to hear.

Reactions: tenorman