Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

used model s through tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, do people have a rough estimate timeframe they have for buying used through their website and picking up at their warehouses instead of delivery? placed a order today and sales rep said 1.5 to 2 weeks until i will have it ready but wondering what the real time expectation is from people who go and pick them up

Hello, do people have a rough estimate timeframe they have for buying used through their website and picking up at their warehouses instead of delivery? placed a order today and sales rep said 1.5 to 2 weeks until i will have it ready but wondering what the real time expectation is from people who go and pick them up
It depends on where it’s shipping from and Tesla logistics. It can take a month or more if process gets held up along the way.

You will get it in ~2.5 weeks if it is coming from across the country. used model s through tesla

Paying up to 2-2.5k for delivery doesn't make any sense. You should fly there and drive it home yourself. Well, you wont be driving actually since the car will be driving itself :D

I purposely went for the delivery option since i am a foreign student with a foreign drivers license and i am (foreign student who has been in usa for 6 months) not allowed to drive in many states. I am allowed to drive with my foreign license up to 12 months in Washington though.

Last edited:
Well as I said the reason ok asking is its not shipping from anywhere. Its stored in chicago and they just have to move it down the street to a actual dealership location not warehouse and I'm going to pickup. Didnt know if that would make it quicker or not and wondered if theres stories about this on here.

Thanks for everyone's help

Well as I said the reason ok asking is its not shipping from anywhere. Its stored in chicago and they just have to move it down the street to a actual dealership location not warehouse and I'm going to pickup. Didnt know if that would make it quicker or not and wondered if theres stories about this on here.

Thanks for everyone's help
Well, you see, you're attempting to apply logic and common sense to a Tesla used car purchase. This is generally a mistake. I hope for your case I'm wrong.

My experience was very good with a 90D order in late April. I ordered on a Tuesday and got it delivered to my house on Friday. My car was local and I was prepared to drive and pick it up (thinking it would speed things up). But Tesla took good care of me.

Reactions: bubafett
I ordered on 5/22 and have not been provided a delivery date yet. Mine was being transported about 700 miles up the East coast. The ETA has changed 2x. Latest is that it should arrive at the delivery center this weekend.

here’s where some of the hold up is with the used cars. The cars are NOT stored in a warehouse. They arent even being held by Tesla. They’re held at Mannheim locations which are not generally known to the public. (Auctions. Repos etc) Mannheim has secure locations around the area for storing said vehicles. So some of the wait is at their discretion on when they hand the car over to Tesla. I believe most dealerships have a 7 day turn around with the company I’d assume Tesla has the same contract. So even if local assume 7 days for Tesla to even gets their hands on it and then run diagnostics to make sure the thing is still functioning and if not fix anything that needs fixing. Prep for delivery etc. now you’re at minimum 2 weeks.

my used car was in Dallas I’m in the Seattle area. It was 15 days from order to car in hands.

• Informative
Reactions: EVortex
good stuff guys. Makes me assume that it shouldnt be too long and may have it sooner than 2 weeks maybe. Rep said it was in a warehouse in chicago suburb and is just moving to another location in chicago for me to go get myself. Got all the financing and such squared away so just waiting on them to say its ready

Ordered on May 3rd. Car was coming from Fremont, CA and I paid $500 to transport to Costa Mesa, CA delivery center. Paid and picked it up on May 16th. Don't expect much updates from anyone. Don't plan anything until you get the actual delivery appointment text. Even on delivery day, there can still be delay. Whatever your sale advisor says as time frame just ignore it, they don't seem to know much or care after you place the order.

5/3 Placed the order
5/4 Submitted all required docs online
5/4 Received text that the car was in route
5/14 Received text about 5/16 delivery date @ noon
5/16 @ 10am Was told the car won't be ready until 5pm.
5/16 @ 5pm Paid balance and picked up the car

Good luck!

Ordered on May 3rd. Car was coming from Fremont, CA and I paid $500 to transport to Costa Mesa, CA delivery center. Paid and picked it up on May 16th. Don't expect much updates from anyone. Don't plan anything until you get the actual delivery appointment text. Even on delivery day, there can still be delay. Whatever your sale advisor says as time frame just ignore it, they don't seem to know much or care after you place the order.

5/3 Placed the order
5/4 Submitted all required docs online
5/4 Received text that the car was in route
5/14 Received text about 5/16 delivery date @ noon
5/16 @ 10am Was told the car won't be ready until 5pm.
5/16 @ 5pm Paid balance and picked up the car

Good luck!

Hmm..I never received a text that the car was en-route. Did others? The communication I've received so far has been even worse than the standard 'poor' service.

I put down a reservation Sunday 5/24 and will be picking up tomorrow at a Tesla store and that was with a few days of delay that were due to me providing info on my trade-in. I received notification that my vehicle actually arrived at the Tesla facility earlier this week (it was only delivered from NJ to PA).

I got the call today already that its ready but theres communication errors between my credit union and Tesla about some stuff. Should hopefully be picking up next wee .

Good info on everything everyone it's been helpful