Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used MX order question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all had a quick question, I’m in CA. Looking to buying a used 2020 MX through Tesla, transport fee is $2000.

Do I have to pay for that and deposit ($2500 total) before I’m even allowed to apply through Tesla lending? I cannot get a call back on this question from anyone at Tesla.

Says the transport fee is non refundable, I certainly do not want to pay and then get declined and lose that. I asked because I’m already approved via Tesla lending for a new MX LR, it makes sense to say I should be approved but the way things are going (have moved in and out of EDD 3 times now each time Tesla runs credit until it craps out and EDD moves again)

Any guidance would be helpful, thanks

hi all had a quick question, I’m in CA. Looking to buying a used 2020 MX through Tesla, transport fee is $2000.

Do I have to pay for that and deposit ($2500 total) before I’m even allowed to apply through Tesla lending? I cannot get a call back on this question from anyone at Tesla.

Says the transport fee is non refundable, I certainly do not want to pay and then get declined and lose that. I asked because I’m already approved via Tesla lending for a new MX LR, it makes sense to say I should be approved but the way things are going (have moved in and out of EDD 3 times now each time Tesla runs credit until it craps out and EDD moves again)

Any guidance would be helpful, thanks
Are you saying your credit app has caused EDD to move? If so, you might want to check the delivery subforum. There is a multi-thousand post long thread on deliver dates. Most of us have had 4 or 5 EDDs, and some people have waited over 400 days, even cash buyers. I waited 375 or so days.

Are you saying your credit app has caused EDD to move? If so, you might want to check the delivery subforum. There is a multi-thousand post long thread on deliver dates. Most of us have had 4 or 5 EDDs, and some people have waited over 400 days, even cash buyers. I waited 375 or so days.
No not saying that..

I’m still waiting for the MX LR

I’m talking about a used one I am considering on buying, just to run a new app I need to commit to the $2500 transport fee? And if declined on that, I’d lose it?

No not saying that..

I’m still waiting for the MX LR

I’m talking about a used one I am considering on buying, just to run a new app I need to commit to the $2500 transport fee? And if declined on that, I’d lose it?
I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a friend do something similar about a year ago. From what he told me he had to pay the transport fee and order fee upfront. Once it got here, they let him inspect it, but if he didn't want it, he would be out the transport fee. They said that he could apply the order fee to another car. Take this with a grain of salt, things may have changed recently.