Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used price higher than new - What am I missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I am a potential new Tesla 3 owner. There is something I don't understand.

A new tesla sales for around $40k after $13k Federal and Qc Provincial incentives. I'm excluding the fuel savings of course.

The "used" 2020 models are listed for $50k or more.

My understanding is I can't get the $13k total incentive if I buy a used model. So why are the used model priced so high? It's a supplement for the availability or are there that much additional cost vs online Tesla price for the new model.

I'm sure I'm missing info and I'd like to make a rational decision.

Thanks!!!

The prices you see are to sell outside of QC province: People try to make money out of our provincial rebates.

Do not bother look at used Tesla 3, there are not for Quebec. Buy a new one directly from Tesla. It takes only few weeks to get one.

You can check their inventory and you may find one you like and get it in a few days.

Yep. Especially when there is a 3 month delay on some models / versions.

When the insurance totaled my older car either 1500 miles on it and pulled comps they actually ended up paying me more than retail before there policy is to use comps on used cars.

I got the rebates / incentives on the replacement and pocketed $5K.

Tesla has a good scam going. They offer you a extreme low trade in value on a Model 3 + in Quebec by justifying that because of the $5000 Federal and $8000 Provincial rebates. Offer you $13000 less then ship the Model 3 to other non-Quebec provinces and line their pockets and sell it for $8000 more.

Reactions: cdswm3