Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used value hit if you no longer have the OEM tires/wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeking advice. I have a 2022 PMY on order and will have a set of smaller tires/wheels from TSportLine waiting to go on. My guess is the 21" Uuberturbines will have less than 500 miles on them at that point. So I have two options:

1) Keep and store them, then put them back on the car when I sell it in the future (probably in 3 years)

2) Sell them now, bank the money and sell the car with the aftermarket TSportLine tires/wheels

So how much of a hit would I take on trade-in value if I don't have the OEM tires/wheels? For the sake of this discussion, I calculate the OEM 21s are worth maybe $2200.

Thanks

1) Keep and store them, then put them back on the car when I sell it in the future (probably in 3 years)

Don't store them:

"...many tire experts recommend replacing tires six years after their production date regardless of the tread."

"Tires can last for several years in storage if they are stored in the right conditions."

So how much of a hit would I take on trade-in value if I don't have the OEM tires/wheels?

My guess - zero $. What matters is they are a matched set with good tread.

So if you can I suggest selling them.