Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

User Manual Not Available When Cell Signal is Weak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
My place is in the boonies and cell signals are hard to come by. The car doesn't seem to pick up the wifi from the house without Herculean efforts of putting routers on extension cords and getting the car as close to the porch as possible. When I try to access the user manual in the car I get blank pages. WTF?

Why wouldn't the user manual be part of the update I when through all this crap to make happen? Now I have to go through it again just to get the manual? Someone tell me this is about something else, please.

As the onboard manual is, as noted here, abridged, I assume it is in the car's flash memory. I have noted that often when I try to access it get the topics menus but after selecting one nothing happens. Rebooting the computer always fixes this. Have not noted this when using LTE but then I haven't been browsing the manual while out on the road.

As the onboard manual is, as noted here, abridged, I assume it is in the car's flash memory. I have noted that often when I try to access it get the topics menus but after selecting one nothing happens. Rebooting the computer always fixes this. Have not noted this when using LTE but then I haven't been browsing the manual while out on the road.

Yes, I assumed it had to do with being stored not in the car. I guess I need to get used to fixing problems the way I used to do with Windows 95, reboot first, then worry about debugging.