Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Canada Service Center for US owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm near Buffalo NY and I picked up my M3 on Monday from Mt Kisco, which is about 6 hours away. I'm having an issue with my driver door sticking, I think the latch may need to be adjusted. Idk. I just noticed that the passenger door when you push the door button easily pops the door open a bit. The driver door however doesn't move and I have to hold the door button and push the door open. While pushing the door open I can feel it sticking a little.

So my question is can I use the service center in Ontario Canada which is about 2 hours away. Also what would be the best way to request service and ask this question?

Ok great looks like I can schedule a service reservation through the portal at the Canada location. Thanks everyone for the input. @Sather have you ever had a loaner and is there any issue with taking the loaner back across the border? Just curious, I don't think i'll need a loaner with my current issue but wondering for the future.

Ok great looks like I can schedule a service reservation through the portal at the Canada location. Thanks everyone for the input. @Sather have you ever had a loaner and is there any issue with taking the loaner back across the border? Just curious, I don't think i'll need a loaner with my current issue but wondering for the future.
I've done it. Zero problem as long as you have the car license.

Reactions: cdeleo
As for crossing borders, I thought it was interesting when we got financing on our Model S that our loan documents said we could only take the car within the U.S. and Canada. The lending company was a large one with principal offices in Canada.

Late to this thread, but I'm also in Buffalo, so hello to you @cdeleo.

I've used the mobile service a few times since getting my car in May, but I'm curious on how your experience with Oakville goes - please update when you're done.

I've got a Red "First production", so RWD with black interior and Aeros - no front plate and a white rear plate. Maybe I'll see you around!