Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Data in Mexico

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I go south of the border many times and actually planning to go to Ensenada this weekend.

There is no way in hell would I bring my Tesla across. Don't want to be targeted as well as having *sugar* loads of people wanting to touch it since you'll be the novelty.

Would anybody bring a car that is worth more than 100K across into TJ or parts of like?

Don't think so.

Elon knows you shouldn't take your Tesla to Mexico. Why would you even consider such a thing? Now to answer your question - use your phone as a hotspot and connect to wifi through the car. If you have enough money to burn a Tesla in the desert then you have plenty to cover the roaming charges.

• Funny
Reactions: Chili.palmer
Back in 2013 Tesla said taking the car into Mexico voids the warranty on the car. Is that still their policy or has it changed?

Additionally, my automobile insurance policy contains a rider that excludes coverage in Mexico.

I have an office in Guadalajara and Tesla has a Supercharger opening there "this year" according to their map. They wouldn't be investing in so many Mexico superchargers is there was no support for Mexico. I don't drive my Model S to Mexico when I'm at that office but I'd expect the AT&T SIM in my car to work if I did.