Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using FOB to override FWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
I've read the manual that states this:

Note: Falcon wing doors are designed to proactively detect obstacles that prevent the doors from moving when an obstacle is detected. To override obstacle detection, hold down the top button while double-clicking to open/ close the door.

Does anyone have success doing this? I've tried many times but never been able to override the FWD w/ the FOB. What "top button" is the manual referring to? I assume it's the top of FOB which locks the vehicle on a single press. TIA.

• Informative
Reactions: SSGP90X
I've read the manual that states this:

Does anyone have success doing this? I've tried many times but never been able to override the FWD w/ the FOB. What "top button" is the manual referring to? I assume it's the top of FOB which locks the vehicle on a single press. TIA.
By defaut that setting (single click lock all) is off. Try changing that so it's set to off (meaning you need triple click to lock all). Then the override may work as described.

Looking at the latest manual version, it looks like this feature was taken away:

A falcon wing door stops moving when one of its many sensors detects an obstacle, or when the door senses resistance because it has made contact with an object. The touchscreen displays a warning. In these cases, provided it is appropriate to continue opening or closing the falcon wing door, you can override obstacle detection by pressing and holding the switch located on the door pillar, or touching and holding the associated door icon on the touchscreen.

It’s a shame. I really want this functionality because it’s usually a pain or close to impossible to get to fwd or touchscreen when I need to override.