Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Phone as Key - Stolen Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

[BTW, if you have ordered a car you can download and read the manual from the page used to manage your order, and look at some videos.]

Section named "Keys" on page 9.

IYou have a screen where you can list all keys enabled and you can delete some (including the key cards) and add keys, and you can also disable mobile access for keys (which means you can then only use key cards). Of course, don't delete ALL keys or you'll be calling roadside assistance soon ;-).

So yes, once you're in the car you can disable a phone or, if you can't remember which phone is which and you don't want to delete the "good" phone left, disable all phones temporarily.

Thanks didnt expect you to be so snarky. As I mentioned I dont have the car yet, so thought I would seek help from those that did.

This was for sixela.
@sixela DID provide you with an answer, along with a link to a manual where you can read to your hearts content while you are waiting for your car.

Why is a link to the manual where you can read all about the features while you wait for the car "snarky", especially when its provided with an answer to the question?

Have we reached a point where if someone tries to both "give someone a fish" and "teach a person to fish" in the same post, they are somehow doing something wrong?

@sixela DID provide you with an answer, along with a link to a manual where you can read to your hearts content while you are waiting for your car.

Why is a link to the manual where you can read all about the features while you wait for the car "snarky", especially when its provided with an answer to the question?

Have we reached a point where if someone tries to both "give someone a fish" and "teach a person to fish" in the same post, they are somehow doing something wrong?

It seems he edited out the snarky part where he said "if it's still too much information to read through yourself: "

Its the part he deleted that was snarky.
Well, that's not there, now, in part because when I reread it I also found it a bit too snarky (even though it was meant to be taken at face value, i.e. "let me give you a short summary if you don't want to read the manual" -- I think we all know that the short summary was always there, right?)

I insisted in providing a link to the manual and to point out where you can find it (together with some useful videos) because that might be useful for other things as well.

But I'll be sure to remember next time to just think RTFM and leave you in blissful ignorance, since that would be far less snarky. And apparently, it's more important to be avoid being snarky than to try to be helpful or not [and yes, that is me when I dial my snark level up a few notches.]

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy