Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using your own referral code for a new car, does it make sense?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are buying another car and you refer yourself, do you get both sides of the miles?

If not, would it be better to use a friends referral code so you both get the miles?

Why or why not?
You only get the miles once if using your own referral code. If you know of another owner, you can both benefit if you use theirs.

Technically, when using your code, you'd also have an entry for the Y or roadster giveaway.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I used my own referral code when we bought our Model X despite having FUSC on my 2016 MS as well as on the 2019 MX we were buying. But back then, Tesla was supposed to be raffling off a Model Y and other prizes once a month and your referrals earn you entries.

Not sure if they actually did raffle off stuff or if they still do it. If they don't anymore, I agree with @MorrisonHiker, use a friend's so you both can benefit.

I've got a 3 and my wife is looking to pick up a Y. What if you refer your spouse/someone in the same household but then link it to the same Tesla account? I'm going to guess you still get the miles once since it's the same account and not 2 separate ones? Being both my wife and I will drive each other's car, we'd probably have to share the same mobile app using 1 account right?

I've got a 3 and my wife is looking to pick up a Y. What if you refer your spouse/someone in the same household but then link it to the same Tesla account? I'm going to guess you still get the miles once since it's the same account and not 2 separate ones? Being both my wife and I will drive each other's car, we'd probably have to share the same mobile app using 1 account right?

I can't speak about the supercharging miles credit since we have FUSC on both the 2016 S and the 2019 X, but both cars are under the same account/email. It makes it easy for both of us since the app gives us access to both cars without physically having the key fobs.