Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USS or no USS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere but has anyone taken delivery of a new X? Did it have USS? Have read various articles suggesting it has but no one seems to be moaning about it on this section of the forum 🤔

I'm a model Y owner waiting for the USS replacement and I'm thinking if Tesla have indeed removed them from the X a solution must be imminent. I hope!

Reactions: mbaier
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere but has anyone taken delivery of a new X? Did it have USS? Have read various articles suggesting it has but no one seems to be moaning about it on this section of the forum 🤔

I'm a model Y owner waiting for the USS replacement and I'm thinking if Tesla have indeed removed them from the X a solution must be imminent. I hope!
I am also waiting for my new Model X LR in Switzerland and am keen to know if it now come with our without USS

FWIW, I have a 2017 X, so with USS, and since I am on the FSD beta I can't use the USS, at least in some cases.
I lost the auto parking feature with FSD beta, and this is a USS driven feature. Not sure if USS is used in other situations in my FSD car.
So.. It might not matter :) they kill your USS if you have some. At least now.

We went ahead with a new MY not realising what the removing of sonar etc meant, and picked it up this week. No parking sensors is like going back to the 1980s.

We went ahead with a new MY not realising what the removing of sonar etc meant, and picked it up this week. No parking sensors is like going back to the 1980s.
Exactly why we cancelled our order. My kids 2019 Tiguan has sensors and excellent cameras for a $30k car. Now, we reluctantly ordered a MX, so hoping it comes with HW4 since we won’t get it until late April.

Reactions: UKGEEZER
Exactly why we cancelled our order. My kids 2019 Tiguan has sensors and excellent cameras for a $30k car. Now, we reluctantly ordered a MX, so hoping it comes with HW4 since we won’t get it until late April.
Fingers crossed! I wish they'd announce a timeline for the Tesla Vision release. Until then someone will have to get out of the car and go 'right hand down, back, back, back, a few more inches, STOP, forward, keep coming, just a bit more, STOP!' each time we park. How quaint.

• Funny
Reactions: GoVols!
will get my model X LR on March 20th. as I am already used to the size of my Model S and never really relied too much on USS, I am not very worried but still hope that Tesla will get their act together and will provide a decent solution using the cameras. Just hoping that my car has HW4.....

I stopped by the Tesla center to see the MX I canceled that at the time was a good deal as it was “Demo”, now the same price as ordering a new one. I was surprised to see USS on it and noticed it still had the same cameras. I looked at the build sheet through the windshield and was 10/22 build. Also, only has 16mi. on it. The panel gaps were apparent along the hood and trunk. Everywhere else looked pretty good, including the driver/passenger windows.