Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USS support disabled at end of FSD demo [false alarm - setting in menus to turn on]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that USS support has been disabled after termination of the FSD demo.

I have a 2022 MYLR with 2024.3.25 firmware and not only are the distance measurements gone but the screen now has those gosh awful mashed potato blobs all over it. I want my USS back!

On the plus side, the car avatar has had its rear brake light enhanced so you can now see when it lights up.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
It appears that USS support has been disabled after termination of the FSD demo.

I have a 2022 MYLR with 2024.3.25 firmware and not only are the distance measurements gone but the screen now has those gosh awful mashed potato blobs all over it. I want my USS back!

On the plus side, the car avatar has had its rear brake light enhanced so you can now see when it lights up.
I have the same car and the same software. Mine works fine. There is a setting giving you the option of using either the USS or the Camera based system, but not both.

Just switch it back to USS. Controls > Autopilot

Reactions: MP3Mike
I thought the same. However, the setting for Standard/Tesla Vision is still there under Park Assist in the Autopilot menu for my 2022 yoked, USS MSLR on 2024.3.25 after free FSDS was ended on May 1. I will be keeping the setting on Tesla Vision. I think the visualization is superior to the crazy USS squiggly wiggling lines. One other impressive thing is that Tesla Vision showed a red blob in my garage where the garage door would've been if it was closed!!
1000029824.jpg

1000029745.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 21 MY and never lost USS during the FSD demo. After the demo, it is still functioning as before.

USS is accurate down to the inch. Not sure I can say the same with Tesla Vision.
USS vs Tesla Vision was configurable during the FSDS trial. USS could've remained enable by selecting Standard in the Park Assist setting. A Tesla Vision setting would replace USS functionality. See post #3 for a screen shot of the Park Assist setting.