Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 32.11.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a really good summary. And I wonder if they ever get there with the current set of sensors and cameras. When I look at the lane visualization I can see it cannot properly detect the size of a truck so it just plots a truck 3D model that moves weirdly as it passes you on the side. I get it; it has to guesstimate depth frame by frame based on 2D source files. But it has to make decisions on just these sensors. How far can you go with software if the hardware is limited?
I think what is needed is an additional Lidar sensor that can complement the existing data.

FSD is not a thing yet.

I communute vasco/580 and it still.
. Slows to almost stop near overpass
. Tries to use hov lane even though option disabled.
. Tries to cross into oncoming trafic on a curve
. Doesnt merge, just tries to pull alongzide until it panicks
. Takes so long to change lane that traffic starts to undertake.

Yes i know it will get better, but no yet itvhasn't.

• Disagree
Reactions: smatthew
That’s a really good summary. And I wonder if they ever get there with the current set of sensors and cameras. When I look at the lane visualization I can see it cannot properly detect the size of a truck so it just plots a truck 3D model that moves weirdly as it passes you on the side. I get it; it has to guesstimate depth frame by frame based on 2D source files. But it has to make decisions on just these sensors. How far can you go with software if the hardware is limited?
I think what is needed is an additional Lidar sensor that can complement the existing data.

And yet one-eyed people are let to drive without mounting Lidars on their heads. Is it black magic or neural 2D image processing, I just don't know.

Why 2.4? The Model 3 is perfectly capable of 5GHz connectivity. That's how mine connects.

View attachment 461868

I have found that my car's connection was not as reliable on the 5GHz as compared to the 2.4GHz, so I just turned off the 5GHz on that access point in the garage that it connects to. I thought it was my access point at first, so I swapped it with another that I knew worked perfectly, and the issue was the same.

I have found that my car's connection was not as reliable on the 5GHz as compared to the 2.4GHz, so I just turned off the 5GHz on that access point in the garage that it connects to. I thought it was my access point at first, so I swapped it with another that I knew worked perfectly, and the issue was the same.

2.4G has considerably better range and ability to pass through obstructions than 5G, so signal strength at the receiver very much depends on where your WiFi AP is placed and what is in between the two.

2.4G has considerably better range and ability to pass through obstructions than 5G, so signal strength at the receiver very much depends on where your WiFi AP is placed and what is in between the two.

On the ceiling, in the garage about 10 feet away. No obstructions, walls or electronics in the middle. :)

Signal strength was never an issue, it was the quality of the connection.

They stopped releasing 32.11 right after I reported a rather scary autopilot issue, 32.11.1 was out about 18 hours later but the look of it, don’t know if it was because of what I b reported but if so I’m impressed

What exactly did you report? I'm already on 11.1 so probably won't see it if its not something so obvious but would be nice to know what you experienced.