Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on a recent Model S Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! We bought our new model s, Long range with FSD and took delivery September 30th. It is running version 2019.15.106.1 3d1aae1 and has said software update is current since delivery. We contacted Tesla service and after attempting to push a software update, were told that Tesla Engineering had held up the update for an undisclosed reason. Still waiting to hear back. We have Advanced config to accept updates faster and connected to WiFi. My husband's Model X has received multiple updates since that same time. Love Love our Model S and hoping we get version 10 sooner than later! Hope this helps some!!

I also have a new model S and took delivery 10-4. It says it has the most recent update. On same version as above - 2019.15.106.1.

I called support 3 times and got 3 completely different answers.
1) first time, they said they would call service center and have them push update. Then told update will get pushed to me in a few minutes. Nothing came. Did tell me that on day before I picked up vehicle it tried to download update and failed for unknown reason.
2) second time, got a support person who said right away I can push you an update, it’s coming to you in next 20 minutes and you will see pop up on screen. Had me do a screen reset first though. Nothing came.
3) Third time, got a support person who said they can’t push updates. I just need to wait. Every day cars awaiting updates are randomly selected to get them. I was eventually going to get my turn. Confirmed a failed update download occurred day before I picked up vehicle as well.

here I am. Coming up on 7 days from vehicle pickup date and I guess I was too eager to expect I would get v10 soon on a brand new p100d raven ms.

so is anyone getting it for our car config? Is this just luck of the draw truly?

Figures I would reply and soon afterwards, my model S got an update, finally! It is now at 2019.32.2.2 da05838 ... thinking next version will be 10? After the update, my vehicle location now shows Tesla's Headquarters in Palo Alto. We did a reboot and it still shows in the app as in Palo Alto, even after stopping/restarting app. Hoping version 10 comes soon - I read in another post that someone had a similar situation as me, minus the location issue, and after an update, got version 10 a day later.

Let’s take one thing away. If we add in the story you got from Tesla support plus the 3 I got, it’s clear that their support reps are making up stuff to get off the phone. They have no clue or at least a few of them.

so maybe this gives me hope I will get an update in a days or weeks. But as you, I need two updates I guess to get to V10.

Pretty sure most Ravens are on V10 - HW3 cars were the first ones to get it, and virtually all S/X with HW3 are Ravens. I've had three versions of it so far on my Ludicrous Raven X - 32.10.2, 32.11, and 32.11.1.

But cars coming right off the line may not get to the front of the update queue right away. It looks like there's another new version tonight, 2019.32.12.1 - apparently still with the same release notes as the last three.

I haven't gotten that one yet, but it might explain why the updates pretty much stopped a couple days ago.

Ok that makes sense, but not sure it explains how these updates work. Seems like some logic at play here to prioritize clearly but not sure anyone knows what that is. What’s funny is the made up stories from support.

Figures I would reply and soon afterwards, my model S got an update, finally! It is now at 2019.32.2.2 da05838 ... thinking next version will be 10? After the update, my vehicle location now shows Tesla's Headquarters in Palo Alto. We did a reboot and it still shows in the app as in Palo Alto, even after stopping/restarting app. Hoping version 10 comes soon - I read in another post that someone had a similar situation as me, minus the location issue, and after an update, got version 10 a day later.
Just posting to let everyone know here that my model S is now fully update to date - version 10 + another minor update was installed today. Appreciate everyone who chimed in!!

I am new to Tesla. Got a 2020 Raven MS (the sticker says 2020) in October 2019. Fantastic all around. Suspension smooth as silk, etc. For first 3 weeks I had v9 software. Can find the build somewhere. Then I started emailing customer service who told m to be patient. Software rolls out in batches, they said. Then about a week later, whether related to my emails or not, I received 2 updates in fairly quick succession. One was to a later v9 and then to v10. I think I am on the latest and greatest version now (per Teslarati version tracker). So, the lesson is to either be patient or email customer service 3 times and then be patient. Wonder if any of y'all have received the v10 update since your October posts.

I am new to Tesla. Got a 2020 Raven MS (the sticker says 2020) in October 2019. Fantastic all around. Suspension smooth as silk, etc. For first 3 weeks I had v9 software. Can find the build somewhere. Then I started emailing customer service who told m to be patient. Software rolls out in batches, they said. Then about a week later, whether related to my emails or not, I received 2 updates in fairly quick succession. One was to a later v9 and then to v10. I think I am on the latest and greatest version now (per Teslarati version tracker). So, the lesson is to either be patient or email customer service 3 times and then be patient. Wonder if any of y'all have received the v10 update since your October posts.

Yeah, I’m on 2019.36.2.3 - waiting for 2019.40.1.1

Reactions: gbailey