TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 on a recent Model S Raven

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hbutler97, Oct 9, 2019.

1. hbutler97

hbutler97 Member

I recently took delivery of a new model S...maybe about 2 weeks ago. I still have not received V10. Anyone have a Raven with v10 yet?

2. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Hi! We bought our new model s, Long range with FSD and took delivery September 30th. It is running version 2019.15.106.1 3d1aae1 and has said software update is current since delivery. We contacted Tesla service and after attempting to push a software update, were told that Tesla Engineering had held up the update for an undisclosed reason. Still waiting to hear back. We have Advanced config to accept updates faster and connected to WiFi. My husband's Model X has received multiple updates since that same time. Love Love our Model S and hoping we get version 10 sooner than later! Hope this helps some!!

3. Joleary

Joleary Member

I also have a new model S and took delivery 10-4. It says it has the most recent update. On same version as above - 2019.15.106.1.

I called support 3 times and got 3 completely different answers.
    1) first time, they said they would call service center and have them push update. Then told update will get pushed to me in a few minutes. Nothing came. Did tell me that on day before I picked up vehicle it tried to download update and failed for unknown reason.
    2) second time, got a support person who said right away I can push you an update, it’s coming to you in next 20 minutes and you will see pop up on screen. Had me do a screen reset first though. Nothing came.
    3) Third time, got a support person who said they can’t push updates. I just need to wait. Every day cars awaiting updates are randomly selected to get them. I was eventually going to get my turn. Confirmed a failed update download occurred day before I picked up vehicle as well.

here I am. Coming up on 7 days from vehicle pickup date and I guess I was too eager to expect I would get v10 soon on a brand new p100d raven ms.

so is anyone getting it for our car config? Is this just luck of the draw truly?

4. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Figures I would reply and soon afterwards, my model S got an update, finally! It is now at 2019.32.2.2 da05838 ... thinking next version will be 10? After the update, my vehicle location now shows Tesla's Headquarters in Palo Alto. We did a reboot and it still shows in the app as in Palo Alto, even after stopping/restarting app. Hoping version 10 comes soon - I read in another post that someone had a similar situation as me, minus the location issue, and after an update, got version 10 a day later.

5. Joleary

Joleary Member

Let’s take one thing away. If we add in the story you got from Tesla support plus the 3 I got, it’s clear that their support reps are making up stuff to get off the phone. They have no clue or at least a few of them.

so maybe this gives me hope I will get an update in a days or weeks. But as you, I need two updates I guess to get to V10.

6. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Pretty sure most Ravens are on V10 - HW3 cars were the first ones to get it, and virtually all S/X with HW3 are Ravens. I've had three versions of it so far on my Ludicrous Raven X - 32.10.2, 32.11, and 32.11.1.

But cars coming right off the line may not get to the front of the update queue right away. It looks like there's another new version tonight, 2019.32.12.1 - apparently still with the same release notes as the last three.

I haven't gotten that one yet, but it might explain why the updates pretty much stopped a couple days ago.

7. axhoaxho

axhoaxho Member

Took delivery on 9/26, went through a few software updates. This afternoon, it was updated to V10.0 (2019.32.12.1 641e9fa)

8. Joleary

Joleary Member

Ok that makes sense, but not sure it explains how these updates work. Seems like some logic at play here to prioritize clearly but not sure anyone knows what that is. What’s funny is the made up stories from support.

9. AW9nineteen

AW9nineteen Member

I’d wait it out. I felt the same about my Raven purchased at the end of August. I was given the update sometime last week. It’s a slow rollout, but it’s coming.

10. hbutler97

hbutler97 Member

I got it about 3 hours after posting this thread

11. Dcopper

Dcopper Member

MS LR build date 10/19. Took delivery 10 days ago. Still no v10 for me.

12. Sharps97

Sharps97 Member

I’ll post in here and hope for some good luck for my Model S Raven to get an update.

13. viperja

viperja Member

I have a model S Raven, received V10 update this morning

14. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Just posting to let everyone know here that my model S is now fully update to date - version 10 + another minor update was installed today. Appreciate everyone who chimed in!!

15. Dcopper

Dcopper Member

Over 2 weeks since delivery. Still no updates. On 2019.21.101. V9