Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11- Backing out of garage with homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No you don't need the internet, they are included in your car.

Not true.

Straight from Tesla.com:

How does voice command work?

You can use voice command to call a contact, navigate to a location or listen to music. Your car must be connected to the internet for voice command to work.

Has anyone been able to get the "cancel/skip" button on the new UI to work for Homelink? It used to be easy to skip the automatic opening but now the button appears teeny tiny between the activate button and the climate setting, and no matter how many times I've tried pressing it, it hasn't worked.
That is just the label (and it is freaking tiny). You still press the button above it. After you do, the label will change to "activate", and pressing it will open the gate.
As @Sideman7 said, to cancel you hit the line button above where it says cancel.

Even after skimming through the above clearly-worded posts, I still somehow didn’t “get it”. I was still trying to tap the "Cancel" text on the screen like an idiot. (I guess I’m more of a visual learner than I realized. And/or the UI design really is just as awful as everyone says it is. I prefer the latter explanation. 😜)

So I marked up this photo to try to make it more clear to simpletons like me:

A7F06DCA-52DA-41C6-82ED-EE7A48C68115.jpeg

The two buttons do opposite things. That’s super intuitive, right? :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Braumin