Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11: how to make the mirrors NOT fold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's starting to freeze here and i want to make it so that the mirrors do not auto fold. How do you do that?

I put the car in wiper service mode like the manual says but it still folded them.

In quick control there is only the fold mirror icon, and what this button does is it folds them in and out on command.

But i want to disable the auto fold out completely until the freeze is over. I read the manual but the manual is for the prior version UI.

if u have new UI goto Control there's mirror fold in box

Attachments

• 111.png
    111.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
According to the latest (updated) version of the OM -

If ice buildup is expected when parking, turn off Auto-Fold Mirrors. Touch Controls > Auto-Fold. Ice can prevent exterior side mirrors from folding or unfolding.

Okay, I just realized what's going on. The icon to fold mirrors is not what you need to push. All that does is it folds it in and out. But once you leave the car, it will fold again.

The icon you need to push is the one that makes you adjust the mirrors as if you are sitting in the car trying to get a better view. It has a side view mirror logo, and to the right of it has up and down arrows.

When you push this logo, another menu pops up and that's where the fold unfold mirror option is.

One thing I didn’t try is making the change from the Easy Entry profile. If using that, I’m told you have to uncheck in both profiles.
The icon to fold mirrors is not what you need to push. All that does is it folds it in and out. But once you leave the car, it will fold again.

The icon you need to push is the one that makes you adjust the mirrors as if you are sitting in the car trying to get a better view. It has a side view mirror logo, and to the right of it has up and down arrows.

When you push this logo, another menu pops up and that's where the fold unfold mirror option is.