Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 in ~1 hour?

Will we get V11 tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a little fun poll to see what we all think.

Will V11 (in general, not just Model S specific features) be shown off tonight or talked about?

Will V11 be released to all cars (not just new S) tonight?

Will V11 be said to be releasing "soon" (~1 week to 1 month from now Elon time)

I kind of think we'll see V11 tonight and Musk will mention it's for all cars, not just refreshed S specific stuff. I would like to think he'll announce a release of "now" (so the normal 1 to 5 days or something before most the fleet has it) but I kind of feel like if that was the case he would have been teasing stuff about it on Twitter by now...

Well, no mention of V11 for the full lineup. I highly doubt we’ll get the same UI on 3/Y or existing cars, I doubt the Intel Atoms can handle that smooth split screen and drag and move stuff…
I would think moving windows around are handled by the GPU and the CPU has very little to do with that. The GPU is plenty fast for that.

The slowness of the Atom should be most felt during heavy computations and I/O intensive tasks. Like loading a webpage or starting applications.

I would think moving windows around are handled by the GPU and the CPU has very little to do with that. The GPU is plenty fast for that.

The slowness of the Atom should be most felt during heavy computations and I/O intensive tasks. Like loading a webpage or starting applications.
I would hope so, the desktop computer I built in 2001 was great at moving windows around smoothly. I am sure the Model 3 can handle it :)

What GPU does 3/Y have? I thought it might all be coming from the Atom…

Kinda weird that he didn't give a specific update on the UI refresh for rest of fleet. Only specifically mentioning the S has the UI refresh.

If the UI refresh was rolling out to rest of the fleet, I think he would've made a point to say that last night imo. All kinda odd though

Kinda weird that he didn't give a specific update on the UI refresh for rest of fleet. Only specifically mentioning the S has the UI refresh.

If the UI refresh was rolling out to rest of the fleet, I think he would've made a point to say that last night imo. All kinda odd though
I was hopeful too. But I think any mention of stuff coming to the rest of the fleet (FSD/Tesla Vision, V11, etc.) would have likely stolen some thunder from the Plaid Launch. Like "here's all the cool things Plaid can do. And by the way, current owners don't have to buy Plaid, they're getting these features soon too."

Reactions: helvio