Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V2022.40.1 Installing on 2022 Model YP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got promoted for 2022.40.1 firmware update on our 2022 Model YP. Going from 2022.36.2 to 2022.40.1.

Sounds like the software guys have been working overtime lately. I hope there are some goodies in there for us.
Hi, I updated also and now when you come to your car with your phone you cannot open the trunk unless you manually open it with the phone or go to the car and press the unlock button for three seconds was that the intent doesn’t make any sense

Hi, I updated also and now when you come to your car with your phone you cannot open the trunk unless you manually open it with the phone or go to the car and press the unlock button for three seconds was that the intent doesn’t make any sense
I missed something? What is NOT doing that it Did before? Ref to the trunk. From what you say, that is the way mine has always been, unless you are talking about Voice activated trunk open? Thanks..

Still waiting for the simple upgrade of having a separate set up for the mirror auto tilt in reverse that you can set them how you’d like not defaulting how it is normally set. like my previous cars. Tesla 3
You haven’t got drivers door only unlock set? (Even if you didn’t have it set before the update, it might have been changed for you)

I missed something? What is NOT doing that it Did before? Ref to the trunk. From what you say, that is the way mine has always been, unless you are talking about Voice activated trunk open? Thanks..
Before this new download when you came to your trunk and you press the release button on your Tesla three, the trunk popped open. If you do use this new function and you come to the trunk, you will not be able to open the trunk unless you open the app and you press open on the trunk picture or you open the car up and you press the unlock button for three seconds If that was their intention it doesn’t make too much sense.

• Informative
Reactions: CaptUAL
Before this new download when you came to your trunk and you press the release button on your Tesla three, the trunk popped open. If you do use this new function and you come to the trunk, you will not be able to open the trunk unless you open the app and you press open on the trunk picture or you open the car up and you press the unlock button for three seconds If that was their intention it doesn’t make too much sense.
Hi. Yes. This is Tesla intention. If you enable driver door Unlock, when key is detected it only unlocks driver door and charge port. All else stays locked.

Just got promoted for 2022.40.1 firmware update on our 2022 Model YP. Going from 2022.36.2 to 2022.40.1
I requested FSD Beta just after delivery of my M3LR in mid September. I read that submitting an FSD Beta request can hinder normal updates, while also FSD Beta is also not pushed. After being stuck on the normal version it was delivered with in September, I emailed the FSD email address, and asked what might be going on.

Without a reply, for whatever reason, I got the 2022.28.200 update within 36 hrs of my email. That was about two weeks ago. No change since.

I wish they would either push me an FSD Beta version, or keep me updating with the latest normal loads, like you are getting. I look at Tesla updates, and see that people have seem to be at many different firmware versions. Tesla doesn't seem to be keeping all cars up to the latest version at the same time.

I only today realized the firmware, or the app, or both, recently disabled the ability to roll up/down the windows from the app. Apparently there was a safety issue that Tesla has said caused them to disable the capability, but that "it will be fixed soon" with an update. I'd like to see that happen, restore that feature... and, in any case, steadily get the latest firmware builds on a timely basis. Their firmware push process is an enigma.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuncanM
I noticed that too. If you disable the driver door unlock (only the driver door is unlocked) then all the locks will unlock except for the frunk.