Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V3 chargers coming to AZ!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6A555B71-16D7-4F56-842D-56C3EE7D5DAE.png

Well, that would seem to kill Blythe, CA.
Shame, as Ehrenburg, AZ will probably be just over 100 miles from Indio, CA, and it means a different color code on my Supercharger spreadsheet. ;(

But I'm sure that every I-10-traveling Tesla owner is glad to see that Tesla is going to do something about Quartzsite, AZ. It's a choke point.

Now the Casa Grande location was swamped yesterday around 2pm? WTH? 2pm on Thursday? 6 stalls one wasn't functioning. I just skipped it as I could make it home without topping off there.

At least 2 were broken last time I went through.

It’s high demand because it’s pretty much a required stop for anyone besides long range models to make it up and back between Tucson and Phoenix in the same day.

How do we get Tesla interested in a Super Charger in or around Show Low? Gotta be others who drive to the mountains in the summer.
Honestly, it might be more of an issue of potential locations. I think the Safeway is the only parking lot large enough on Deuce of Clubs. Otherwise, the strip mall on White Mountains Blvd with Ross would be my pick. I have seen the Walmart on the 260 parking lot on weekends and a supercharger there would be ICE'd a bunch.

Tucson <-> Phoenix people:
If you are driving from the Phoenix east side, consider the US60/SR79 route through Florence -> Oracle, then hit the Skyline and Campbell Supercharger. Great location: La Encantada Mall. Several great restaurants (I like Ra Sushi), mall-wide WiFi. I'm hitting it in and out. Plus SR79 is a beautiful drive. Compare times on Google Maps, or ABetterRoutePlanner.