Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V3 Supercharger speed/rate for MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for bumping this useful thread.

I often go to a V3 charger a little outside of town just to see what I get. I sold my old 75 that briefly touched 135kw at a SoC of 35% - I would call that "170 minus SoC" These days I have a P90D that seems to like to charge at about 130 - SoC.

Its important to note both cars were/are on firmware version 2020.48.12.1 when i made these observations.

Many reports are coming in lately of higher rates after recent firmware updates.

I am looking forward to possible improvements after I apply 2021.4.11 - I'll report back here if it's interesting...

I posted a report on my rate of supercharging in California last December:

i have a July 2018 Mx 100D

2020 MX LR+: I supercharged for the first time yesterday in San Diego at the V3 off Balboa. Not sure if it’s because nearly every stall was in use, but only topped out at 130kW for a second then tapered back down fairly quick (yellow line in chart below). Did charge from 27% to 80% in a little less than 35 mins to get back to OC so can’t really complain.

D7FC573C-FBE6-4FE7-8F39-7D2867C8C05B.png

What app are you using to show the charging rate? I want that!
Not exactly an app, but it’s Teslamate which you run on a “server” of choice. Some do raspberry pi, mine is on docker on an always on Windows pc... it’s the only thing I’ve found that still allows a decent sleep of the car. I just finally installed my Gen 3 wall connector that I bought in May last year which was when all the issues were being had with them, this has been really useful to monitor the charges that they stay at the 48 amps and don’t drop down like some were experiencing. So far they’ve been solid, hoping they continue!

• Informative
Reactions: Harvey Danger