Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V6.1 2.2.140

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So im having a little issue, my current firmware is 6.1 2.2.140 which has everything released except for 2 things, auto high beams and TACC, which has been this way for about a month. I contacted my service center which for some reaosn was closed 1 hour early, so i contact my DS that said with my current firmware i should have both TACC and auto high beams( was also missing auto lane switching). so i called the company number when i got a employee that didnt even no what TACC was as far as i could tell. she sent an email to my service center to call me, so far im not impressed with the service :/

If you have a post-mid September 2014 Model S and you believe those two features are not working, take it into your Tesla Service Center so they can check it out. I'm confident they will fix it.

NOTE: "auto lane switching" is not released yet. That is why you do not have that feature.

Please report back here on what happens.

its not that its not working, I never had it in the first place which is odd.

As escarfan stated, lane change is not implemented yet. It was not part of v.140. No owner has this feature yet. You should not have it.

If your car is newer than October, 2014, then it should have TACC and auto hi-beams. If your car is older than that, you cannot get those features.

Hi Rawad

As you posted in the firmware thread:
I purchased my model before the announced release and was lucky to have gotten the hardware, however I purchased my tech package for 3750 which means I didn't pay the extra 500$. I was told I would get it for free after the release and have yet to see anything yet.

Because your order was placed before the autopilot announcement, your car has the original "tech package" not the "tech package with autopilot"

All original Australian delivered orders were in the same situation because we ordered in May/June 2014 and received delivery starting December 2014

We were offered to "upgrade" our tech package by paying the difference, if required.
Parking sensors and fog lights are included in the new tech package, so if parking sensors were ordered the upgrade was free, and as I had ordered both parking sensors and fog lights I got an AUD$600 refund.

In my case the car hadn't been built yet - but my impression is that it's a "software switch" so it can be upgraded after the fact.

I do not know why cars with tech package and autopilot hardware were not all automatically "upgraded"

I suggest that you follow up with the person that told you the upgrade would be free, and find out if they can upgrade you to the "tech package with autopilot"

I took delivery in mid November so all the hardware is available on my car, when I contacted them to get the autopilot and pay 500$ they said it was now free and to wait and be patient. Only thing is I'm at the lastest firmware with no autopilot.