Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V8.0 question - what does the speed in the circle indicate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
apvisual.jpg

If this image includes the one you are asking about then:

Current speed 42 MPH

Speed limit 45 MPH

TACC set to 50 MPH

I thought that 7.1 had this as well. Anyway, it's the speed your TACC is set to. It means on a clear road your car would go up to that indicated speed. You may not be going that fast because you are following a car that is moving slower then your set speed.

The circle is stupid. Very stupid. Very very very stupid. I liked the old method better.

When it's gray (not activated), and you're going under the speed limit - it shows the speed limit
When it's gray(not activated), and you're going over the speed limit - it shows you your current speed
When it's blue (activated), it's set to the maximum speed you want TACC to go.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
The circle is stupid. Very stupid. Very very very stupid. I liked the old method better.

When it's gray (not activated), and you're going under the speed limit - it shows the speed limit
When it's gray(not activated), and you're going over the speed limit - it shows you your current speed
When it's blue (activated), it's set to the maximum speed you want TACC to go.

I agree that its not as visually intuitive as the previous icon which is more aligned with the standards of cruise control. Just an addition to your description for the reference of the OP or others:

TACC, when available, always shows what speed it will be set to when activated. If under the speed limit it will show the speed limit OR your desired speed offset from the speed limit that you set in the settings (i.e. 5mph over, 10mph over, etc). If you are already over the speed limit or your offset speed then thats the speed TACC will default to when activated.

• Informative
Reactions: Max*
I thought that 7.1 had this as well. Anyway, it's the speed your TACC is set to. It means on a clear road your car would go up to that indicated speed. You may not be going that fast because you are following a car that is moving slower then your set speed.
What is a "blue circle with a number in it" in 8.0 was a "~3/4 circle with ticks on it and a set speed indicator that was somewhat small and difficult to read". Hope this helps.