Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Morning, everyone.

Order placed 6/10 for a Blue MY-LR-7, no hitch. Saturday, I got the smallest and closest window to date, so I decided it was probably prudent to wire my charger.

Turns out I didn't need 100 feet of 6/2 wire, but if I'd ordered 99 feet, I'd have been 3 feet short I'm sure. Pulling the cable was the hardest part, actually wiring the charger was stupid easy. If you happen to have a 50amp plug handy, you could probably be ready to rock in 20 minutes.
Congrats Rex...hopefully you get a VIN soon as well. Curious as to why you went with 6/2 vs 6/3 romex. I have a NEMA 14-50 plug for my M3. Does the tesla wall connector support 6/3?

There is just L1/L2 & Ground in the charger...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-02 103005.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-02 103005.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 56
Northern Va: Ordered 1 Aug, no EDD yet, Dec as estimated delivery. Question: am we foolish to get last of the 2021 year, when a small wait would allow a 2022 model? Or is it irrelevant in the land of Tesla EVs, as the year of manufacture just isn't as relevant as the SW and features?

MYLR, Blue/White, 20", no tow, and you betcha I got the FSD!!

Northern Va: Ordered 1 Aug, no EDD yet, Dec as estimated delivery. Question: am we foolish to get last of the 2021 year, when a small wait would allow a 2022 model? Or is it irrelevant in the land of Tesla EVs, as the year of manufacture just isn't as relevant as the SW and features?

MYLR, Blue/White, 20", no tow, and you betcha I got the FSD!!
The only feature that might be worth waiting for in 2022 (IMHO) is the upgraded 4680 battery pack that Elon has indicated will "eventually" be used for MY vehicles. Tesla don't have a great track record on keeping timelines of their promises so who actually knows when they will be available.

The only feature that might be worth waiting for in 2022 (IMHO) is the upgraded 4680 battery pack that Elon has indicated will "eventually" be used for MY vehicles. Tesla don't have a great track record on keeping timelines of their promises so who actually knows when they will be available.
I'm watching, waiting, and wanting both the structural 4680 chassis and the unibody megapress casting frame. My plan is to flip my model back to TSLA to roll-forward on those enhancements sometime in 2023.

Attachments

• DavidsBlue.tesla.com.jpg
    DavidsBlue.tesla.com.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Sarugby9000
NoVA here. Ordered 7/2; current date shows 8/18-8/31 but has been as close as 8/5-8/15 last week. Moves all over is all I can tell! Here's hoping I get the VIN shortly based on RudeDude's timeline and VIN showing up.

2021-MY-Perf, White, B&W interior, hitch.

Talked with my guy at the tysons store where I ordered it after the test drive, not sure what he can see but he gave me a specific date (in my range) that the car was arriving at their store, getting close now. How far before delivery date do they schedule it?

I just got a text to go schedule my delivery! The offered dates (10am or 2pm) are at the very end of my current EDD window... Aug 17,18, or 19th. Woo! Now I need to talk to Tesla sales/loan people tomorrow to ensure my loan is re-setup.
I assume you had done your loan info when you placed your order and it expired? They told me to do mine asap as well, claiming it will help prioritize the order.

Ordered a triple black MY7 online 7/14, made sure my account was routed to a specific SA in the RVA location. Dealt with him in person before ordering & he was super helpful. Plus, it’s nice to know my SA is in arm’s reach compared to the alternative of a random nationwide selection.
Current EDD is October which has disappeared & returned a few times.

Reactions: gobucks
I test drove back in April at the Montgomery Mall location even though I live in Alexandria. When I finally put my order in this month it gave me the Tyco location for delivery. I texted the guy who helped me with my overnight test drive in MD and he'll be my SA. Any idea where my delivery will actually be? Rockville or Tyco?