Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VA State Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove back in April at the Montgomery Mall location even though I live in Alexandria. When I finally put my order in this month it gave me the Tyco location for delivery. I texted the guy who helped me with my overnight test drive in MD and he'll be my SA. Any idea where my delivery will actually be? Rockville or Tyco?
I test drove at Montgomery as well and if I recall when I ordered it asked if I wanted Tyco or Rockville for delivery (I picked Rockville since it’s 5 minutes closer to me and I live in Maryland). I assume you’ll get it delivered to Tyco, since that’s what you selected, but your SA should be able to tell you.

I have the same config - ordered 5/16 in Richmond and my dates are July/August. But you order 2+ weeks after and sounds like you're about to get delivery - Tesla logic LOL! Congrats I think that means (from what I've read on other threads) that you'll be getting some messaging for delivery soon. Did you get FSD? I didn't - just wondering if that was the difference maker...
If it's any consolation, my current dates are Aug 21 - Sep 8. No FSD on mine. I'm in no hurry, since I won't be back before Aug 29, but hope you got delivery of yours, at least!

I have Tyco for a SC; does anybody have anything positive to say about them? I'm really considering seeing if I can get it changed.
That's mine too. Haven't taken delivery of mine yet, but the interactions with the folks there have been great. My SA is super responsive and helps as much as she can (understanding that some things are just out of her hands).

Reactions: Wigan
That's mine too. Haven't taken delivery of mine yet, but the interactions with the folks there have been great. My SA is super responsive and helps as much as she can (understanding that some things are just out of her hands).
Buddy, we have had two very very different experiences with TYCO. I'm happy for you that your experience has been positive. I have been unable to get an email response or a phone call back (their voicemail was full last month so I stopped trying to call them) for going on month 3. Congratulations!

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Finally got my VIN this Saturday! Tried reaching out to Tesla to change my payment from cash to loan and have gotten nothing but crickets. I didn’t get an SA assigned so not exactly sure who else to reach out to. Anyone have deets on an actual person at Tyco that I can call/text? My current EDD is Aug 24-31. They haven’t yet reached out regarding delivery.

Finally got my VIN this Saturday! Tried reaching out to Tesla to change my payment from cash to loan and have gotten nothing but crickets. I didn’t get an SA assigned so not exactly sure who else to reach out to. Anyone have deets on an actual person at Tyco that I can call/text? My current EDD is Aug 24-31. They haven’t yet reached out regarding delivery.
Just shot you the person's email alias that I deal with, he's been great.

Mine gets delivered on thursday; yay! Just picked up a set of 20inch induction wheels yesterday to be my "winter" setup with all seasons for the DMV "winter."

Didn't realize the inductions were black vs the turbines being more of a grey.... may just stick with the induction 20's for year round if I like the look ;)

Congrats! Its about time, yeah!?

My loan "documents to review" finally unlocked at precisely T-24 hours before delivery. That was 90 minutes ago... not sure I'll sleep much tonight lol.

Delivery went well at Richmond today... Car was ready looked great. Was able to use my phone to login to Tesla Account and do the Plaid pay thing, accepted car, it unlocked, added car key. Been taking pictures, driving around, and telling friends about it all afternoon and evening! Couldn't be happier with the color, the sound system, the drive. Love it!

Delivery went well at Richmond today... Car was ready looked great. Was able to use my phone to login to Tesla Account and do the Plaid pay thing, accepted car, it unlocked, added car key. Been taking pictures, driving around, and telling friends about it all afternoon and evening! Couldn't be happier with the color, the sound system, the drive. Love it!
Awesome! Great to hear. Congrats!

Looks lovely. Regarding registration, is that all done? Temporary plates? Also noticed that their isn't a license plate holder on the front? Was that by request or did they not provide you with one?

I'm leaving for a year at the end of Nov and ordered the MYLR on 7/4 when it said it was a Sep estimated arrival time. Then I have slowly seen that EDD go up to Nov. So I went ahead and reserved a MYP also, figuring I'll just cancel one of them (most likely the MYLR). My MYP EDD was 1-17 Sep and now it has just been pushed back to 5-25 Oct. Has anyone had their EDD shift an entire month?

Looks lovely. Regarding registration, is that all done? Temporary plates? Also noticed that their isn't a license plate holder on the front? Was that by request or did they not provide you with one?
Good questions... I had kind of wondered before delivery day. Registration done, rear plate on car. Front plate in the car... they said VA requires front plate but 1) some people get away without it 2) their mount is adhesive based but there is a aftermarket that can clip into the grill below. So, for now I just have the front plate with mount stored in my back storage area.

I like the look without the front plate and the Tesla rep there said the adhesive is basically permanent... very difficult to remove. So, if I really have to do front plate at some point I'll look into the clip-based mount from a 3rd party.

• Love
Good questions... I had kind of wondered before delivery day. Registration done, rear plate on car. Front plate in the car... they said VA requires front plate but 1) some people get away without it 2) their mount is adhesive based but there is a aftermarket that can clip into the grill below. So, for now I just have the front plate with mount stored in my back storage area.

I like the look without the front plate and the Tesla rep there said the adhesive is basically permanent... very difficult to remove. So, if I really have to do front plate at some point I'll look into the clip-based mount from a 3rd party.
My exact same thought... going to get the quick release one, so if anything I'll run around with it on the car and remove it anytime we do roadtrips and are out of state.

got the car today, only one hiccup, couldn't get in the car for about 30 minutes and had to reach out to the delivery guy. App was saying "cannot connect to car" of which he said they were aware and they were fixing it. Shortly there after the app finally started working with the car and we were off to the races.

had a total blast hitting it in the performance, man does it fly.. and super impressed in the cornering of it too for being up a little bit.

See you all on the streets!

Reactions: RudeDude